cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am reposting this question in the right forum.

I download SP15 which was available last week of Dec. I successfully installed ABAP. When I extracted all the 4 rar files for java(which all had the same content!) and started my installation, after the initial screens in the SAP Java Cryptographic Toolkit screen, even though the crypto.sda is in the right directory I am getting file not exists for the SAP Java Library archive parameter. Any suggestions on how to overcome this or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Lokesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lokesh,

where are your installation files located. The path must

not contain any space (' ') characters. Additionally, as

mentioned in the installation documentation, you need the

Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) from sun:

<a href="http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html">http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html</a>

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to install Netweaver04 from the scratch. My system is ready with Oracle 9.2.0.7 DB installed and configured. I am finding difficult to get Web AS 640 from service.sap.com I found 620 only. Correct me if I am wrong Web AS 640 is the first component to install the then Export CD's. I have all the required cd's on hand. Appreciate your replies.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

During initial stages of installation, installer extracts crypto.sda into "C:\program files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\ONE_HOST\".

If the file is there and you still get error message, my suggestion would be stop installation, remove sapinst_instdir and restart installation as one/some of the files may not be extracted properly.

hth

--

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks folks. I installed the jce and the installation was successfull. But I have a new problem. I started the j2e sap system in sap mmc and it shows green. I am also able to login to the visual administrator. But when I click http://localhost:50000/ i get page not found error. Before installation I forgot the comment the 3201 port entry in services file. I commented this entry and tried still I get the error. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to hear. While not commenting the ports in "services" did not hurt installation and running on port 50000 in my case, I hope the same in your case.

Make sure that 50000 port is actually opened and running by using 'netstat -an' in a dos command prompt.

If you see '50000' in "Local Address", check your browser settings may have a proxy server, in which case, you may need to 'Bypass Proxy server for local addresses'

hth

--

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I donot find an entry for 50000 in netstat -na. Also, there is no entry in services file for 50000. I am not sure if there should be one.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh

You may not necessarily find an entry in "services" file, but it does not prevent port 50000 being used by NW.

Do you have any other SAP Application/or an older version installed and running ? (I don't think so)

What's your instance number. And again, I believe it should be '00'.

How about your '50100' port? Is it open.

Can you post the result of 'netstat -an' command.

--

Venkat