cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audits of Dumps ST22

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all!

For reasons of SOX audits, in our production system we have the job SAP_REORG_ABAPDUMPS that eliminates dumps generated in the system, to run every 3 months.

But we are realizing that there must be another process that eliminates the dumps without this job that runs.

The questions is, there is an additional process in SAP to remove the dumps from time to time? apart from the Job SAP_REORG_ABAPDUMPS ???

Thanks a lot.

Desirée C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help

Desiree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't try to modify the program RSSNAPDL ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry.

The best option to save the dumps I found is: ST22 - looking in the dumps generated the desired date, in the Menu Short Dump - Keep / Release. Once marked for saving the dumps, I can retain the history of the dumps in a desired date, without having to modify the program RSSNAPDL.

Regards,

Desiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

according to sap note Note 16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

SAP_REORG_ABAPDUMPS runs daily.

if you want to delete abap dump manually then execute report RSSNAPDL using se38.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaushal, thanks for the replay.

The problem is that by SOX audits can not run this job every day, but every three months. We want to preserve the Dumps generated in a period of time.

What I want to know whether there is an automatic process sap to me what this erasing or eliminating, because when I want to see the dumps a month earlier by the transaction are no longer st22.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to decide the time period for which you need to preserve the dump in ST22.

there is no other automated process.

SAP_REORG_ABAPDUMPS job delete the old dump. so either schedule this job according to your time period or run RSSNAPDL using se38 manually to delete dump.

regards,

kaushal