cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling dataservice Quotation lines input with all the rows-from the header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Model is designed to have the Quotation Header (form) and Quotation lines (Table). In the header I have a button "Comm & Discount" which on click opens the pop-up and displays the details of the commision and discount for that Quotation in the form. Apart form the commision and discount fields, the form also has a save button.

The click of this button should do the following:

1. Call the putQuotation Web service - OK

2. putQuotation has 3 input ports which gets filled with - Quotation Header - OK , Input - OK and Quotation lines only the first line form the table is the input (*All data rows is selected),

Is it possible to send all the lines form the table to the web service?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Can you attach a snapshot of the Design Board?

Regards,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

[Here|http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9323/quotationdesign2py7.jpg], the red boxes are marked for the "Commision and Discount" pop-up , Quotation lines Sales (table), and Quotation Header, from where the Commision and Discount pop-up is called.

Hope this design doesn't get your eyes rolling

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Of-course i got dizzy by the model...

I noticed there is no connecting line between QuotationLines table and the putQuotation service.

I assume that one of the lines Comm&Discount and the putQuotation service holds the mapping.

This is not the right way to do this.

You should create a mapping line between the QuotationLines table and the putQuotation service and use a global event (such as *submit_to_putQuotation).

I hope it helps,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Thanks, I had no idea that the global event / action would work form table (without the event actually being there).

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

That is the whole idea of global events.

If you define a global event (such as *evt_name) on some lines, wherever you define the evt_name action it will invoke those lines. The only limitation is that the lines with the global event and the action must be defined in the same model.

Glad I could help,

Udi

Answers (0)