cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk: Sending email automatically at status "confirmed"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following issue configuring the Service Desk automatic notifications and hope that you could help me. The user should receive an email after his/her ticket has been closed.

At first I simply defined another action in the action profile which should be automatically executed after the ticket status was set to "confirmed". But this action is never being executed! I suppose that's because the ticket can not be changed after it was confirmed and so the action could not even be scheduled.

Then I tried defining two processing types in the action I'm using to set the status to "confirmed" - one method call and one smart forms mail. But then just the method call is being executed (which sets the status to "confirmed"), even if I define the smart forms mail processing type as "default". Can't two processing types be simultaneously executed in just one action?

How else could the automatic email at status "confirmed" be configured?

Sending email notifications when the status is set to other value works fine. A problem occurs only at status "confirmed".

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Natalyia,

My experience is also the same...... Defining two processing types in the action doesnt work as expected.....

For your Issue, what u can do is that you can program the Email send feature using standard function module SO_DOCUMENT ................

The BADI ORDER_SAVE could be used to send this email....

Within this badi, you need to read the current status by using FM CRM_STATUS_READ_OW... Then figure out whether the status is equal to confirmed, if yes only then the email should be sent......

An Developer should be able to assist you further...

Reward for usefull points...

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Anand. I will habe an ABAPer look at this BAdI and will reward you points after that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u using std. action defination? Then copy the same std. "Confirmed" action and change partner function of your choice as end user, messegprocessor, support team. Save your setting. Designate is as "Confirmed(partner function).

Then go to define condition and select the new action created for "Confirmed(partner function)" and configure as you might have done for other statuses.

Whenever mail you save after changing status mail would trigger to both partner functions. You can do it for all three partner function for all statuses.

Revert back for any clarification.

Reward for useful answer.

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved by experimenting with the status and action settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any input? This is probably a very popular feature, hasn't anyone configured such conditions yet??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ni Natalyia,

another possibility would be to make use of the BADI CRM_ORDER_STATUS and implement the method: AFTER_CHANGE. Here you could implement the code for sending the mail.

As a filter value for the Badi you define the StatusProfile and the Exxxx Status for your Confirmed status to make sure it only is executed when this status is set.

Rgds,

Axel