Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue message in background creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following issue:

Based on a contract I issue the materials with a sales order and bring them back with a return order. In the sales document type I have set in `On/off switch for messages about outline agreements` the indicator to `D` check at item level and copy if unique. So at order creation the order checks if a contract exist for that item and assigns it.

In the normal process `foreground`VA01 this works good. But we use for the return orders a self made program in SAP, this program uses the standard sap customizing settings.

This program creates the return order in background and this gives problems, because the outline agreement TVAK-HNWKM issues a message, this is triggered by ` call_function_flags` in standard SAP.

Because the message couldnu2019t write to the output screen, the assignment to the contract could not be created.

Does somebody have a solution for this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your settings made in outline messages of contract of document type system will pop up messages but any how it will not impact the outcome when u put messages..

If at all you are creating in back ground every time then please dont put any messages in outline messages and keep it blank and then execute...

Hope it will create document with contract assignemet...

Regards

sankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have configured error message in outline aggrement messages and u are exeuting it in back ground through jobs for return order creation then i think you can see the error message in Job log of SM37 t.code and job will be falied and doument will not be created if you activate error message. If it is warning message then it will not stop creating document..

Please let us know is throhg back ground jobs or some thing else..

Regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Thanks for your fast respond

It is not an error message, but a system message. When executing the sales order in foreground the following S message is issued to the output screen `material 111111 has exactly one outline agreement/contract 4000085`

In the background this message cannot be issued and the assignment to the contract not made. The return order will be created but without contract assignment.