cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 records for Service desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all. We are busy implementing Service Desk to receive service requests from all SAP clients in our landscape. I am unsure on how to setup the Business Partner and SU01 records on Solution Manager for key users (those who log service requests).

We will have 2700 key users (users that can log a service request) on various clients and our testing have shown that the service desk cannot recognise/validate the user unless they have an SU01 and Business Partner record on Solution Manager. In our scenario these users will never physically log on to Solution Manager as they do not perform any Service Desk function apart from logging requests from 3rd party SAP systems.

I was under the impression that you only need a business partner record for these users to be validated in service desk, but that seems to be wrong.

Is there anyone that can assure me that I do in fact need to create an SU01 record in Solution Manager for these users? If not, can you please advise as to how we can do it without an SU01 record for these users and only use Business Partner records?

Thanks for reading.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David. I also found a setting on the ABA notification that instructs the system not to do a user verification. This makes it possible to have only a BP record. Thanks for the effort in replying.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have a working SolMan I can log into right now so the answer is general. You do not need an SU01 user for every message creator. You only need a user for message processors on the SolMan system.

Note: There has been a problem for many years that SAP just won't fix. In order to get the list of BP's automatically from the satellite systems you have to have the auth object S_USER_GRP in the satellite system, then the users appear in the BP create screen in SolMan. They need to put that auth in one of the SolMan satellite system roles.

Also be carful to set the right date range in the BP auto create screen so you get the full list of users.