Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramchander,

SAP XI comes under process integration and MDM comes under information

integration.

Process integration can be A2A(Application to Application ) which occurs in the

same landscape or B2B(Business to Business ) which occure in the different

landscapes.Here process integration integrates different application systems by

converting the source format to required format expected by destination system.

Take for exampe, SAP R/3 communicates with other systems using IDOCS,However

every system cann't understand IDOC format so we need to have middleware(XI)

which can convert the IDOC format to required format expected by destination

system.

MDM manages the master data effctviely with low cost.It cleans the data,validates

the data,deduplicates the data, publishes and distributes the data.

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RamachandraRao ,

plz tell me what is the relationship between SAP MDM and Process Integration

1) what is the process integration

2) what is the use of process integration

SAP MDM is a tool used for consolidating, harmonzing and Centarlly Maintaining the Master data. It takes in the data from various source system and then Consolidates them in an MDM repository.

It does the necessary Cleansing, de-duplication and enrichment activities and harmonizes the data back to the respective target systems.

In this process, it has to take and send the data back to the source and target systems. So it requires a Middle ware which helps MDM to form a connection with the source systems. Process Integrator plays the role of the Middle ware.

For ex.

SAP R3->XI->MDM

This is one scenario where XI/PI ( both are same) takes the data from R3 in the form of IDOCs and then converts the IDOC to an XML format. This XML file can then be imported into MDM.

Hence with source systems, where direct integration is not possible, process integrator ( XI/PI) is vastly used.And same process is followed during harmonizing the data back to target systems from MDM after cleansing.

MDM->R3->SAP R3

Hence PI plays a very important part in the integration of diverse systems.

Hope this information helps.

*Kindly reward points if helpful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got excellent response from you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandra,

Thanks for the appreciation. It would be nice of you to reward points appropriately if your question has been answered. It helps in motivating people to help others.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you Nitin Jain

I have one more doubt

what are the softwares i need to install in my PC for SAP MDM project?

actually i am new to SAP department.Thats why i have zero knowledge on this one

plz help me if u have any books or materials

pzl send me to veeri.ramu at gmailcom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandra Rao,

what are the softwares i need to install in my PC for SAP MDM project?

actually i am new to SAP department.Thats why i have zero knowledge on this one

plz help me if u have any books or materials

For information on MDM Installation, Configurations and the system requirements, Please refer to the following links.

[;

[;

You will find plenty of links in this thread, which will give you ample information about your requirement.

And for information on MDM, there is so much of information on net, that it would be better for you to Kindly follow these links, which give information for a beginner in MDM.

[;

[/thread/683426 [original link is broken];

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9881] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/new%2bto%2bmdm%2b~%2bhow%2bis%2bcareer%2bin%2bsap-mdm]

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/new%2bto%2bmdm%2b~%2bhow%2bto%2blearn%2bsap-mdm]

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b09b548d-7316-2a10-1fbb-894c838d8079]

Apart from these links, There are 4 components in MDM,

1. Console

2. Import Manager

3. Data Manager

4. Syndicator

i would advice you to start reading their reference guides. please follow the link to find the reference guides:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/D7AED5058201B4E10000000A11466F/frameset.htm]

Hope it helps.

*Kindly reward points if helpful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Jul 10, 2008 8:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP MDM is use to store master data for an organization. It master record for various modules like Material Master, Customer Master, Employee..Vendor Master. These Master data records can be used by various systems in IT Landscape like R/3, CRM, SRM etc.

To send the data to various system from MDM we need a middleware, thats PI( process integration). Mean to say PI use to send data from MDM to other transactional systems to utlize master data.

PI also use to transform data coming from MDM into target system acceptable format.

You can refer reference guides for details at help.sap.com

Regards

Himanshu Nijhawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Process Integration(PI) Prevoiusly called Exchange Infrastructure(XI). it is a middleware which is used to transfer data between two systems ( sap to sap, sap to non-sap etc.)

Generally using PI we brings data from any R/3 system to MDM or Vice -versa.

Hope it helps you,

Rewards if useful.....

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi it is very useful to me