cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Production order for FInished Product through Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls clear me on how we can create a Production Order for finished product.

If we confirm the production orders in PP, cant the same be confirmed in PS.. Should we consider the same activity types in both PS and PP

Pls clarify

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvan

Please execute the MRP for WBS element to generate MD51 to generate a Planned order and then convert the planned order to prod order.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. When you assign material to be produced to network activity, reservation gets generated.

2. Run project MRP (MD51) if reservation is for WBS, in case of reservation for network run plant MRP (MD02). This will result in generation of planned order. Ensure that Project is released before MRP run.

3. Goto MD04, enter details. Double click on your planned order and convert it into production order.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srikanth,

your answer has been very helpful... but could u clarify why MRP is run in MD51 for WBS element and in MD02 for network..

Pls clarify... My scenario is like this ...

A

B C

D E F G H I J K L M N O

I have a Assemblies B and C which are always delivered in sets.. under assemblies B and C, we have 6 sub assemblies which has its own components. I am assigning sub assemblies to differenet WBS elements 01 and 02. so, initially these sub-assemblies are produced to stock. this should happen in PP i.e., through production orders generated in MRP run ( MD51 ). In the next phase i will assign Assemblies B and C to another WBS element. Again system should generate two Production orders thru MRP for this. Here the 6 sub-assemblies produced earlier will be consumed in confirmation of the production order...

What i am doing is this correct...

and the procurement for the components is happening thru the purchase requisition generated via MRP. the components themselves are not directly assigned to the project..

Pls advise and clarify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ... if you have requirement of HALB in differenet WBS and you want to set off the same for the same FERT, you can do the same in CJ20N. GO to the project profile and the control data. Tick the indicator "Automatic requirement grouping" and this will help you to set off the requirement.