cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to extract Customer Master data from MDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We creating an MDM-XI-ERP2005 Customer scenario. We want to work with all bussiness scenarios (not customizing scenario).

First I'm trying to extract Customer Master Data from EP 2005 using MDM_CLNT_EXTR.

I have created a New Variant which properties are:

Variant: CUSTOMER_TOTAL

Description: Send all customer data to MDM

Extraction Object: CUSTOMER_EXTRACT.

Target System: PI7.

But, the display jobs shows the following error: Could not determine recipients for message type MDMRECEIPT. Job cancelled after system exception.

We need to focus the problem. We have done the following ALE configuration.

SALE transaction:

In Basic Settings -> Logical Systems -> Define Logical System we have add the following logical systems:

EUS100

MDM: Master Data Management

PI7: Process Integration 7.0

WE21:

Transactional RFC -> PI7, IDOC record types SAP Release 4.x

RFC destination: SAPSLDAPI

BD64

New Model -> PFMC

Add message type: Model iview: PFMC

Sender: EUS100

Receiver: PI7

Message Type: DEBMDM

WE20 transaction shows:

Partner profiles -> Partner Type LS (logical system)

PI7: Outbound parmtrs. DEBMDM, SYNCH.

Any idea will be very helpful,

Thanks in advance

Marta.

Edited by: Marta Sánchez on Jul 9, 2008 12:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

in WE20, PI7: inbound parmtrs. add reciept type as well

Hope it will help,

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you An

I have add this parameter. Also I have added in /nbd64 the message type MDMRECEIPT parameter. But the problem doesn't seem to be solved...

Table MASTER_IDOC_DATA is empty.

The ALE layer was called from the application with a master IDoc of message type . No data records were passed for this IDoc. An IDoc without data records cannot be processed by the ALE layer

Any idea?

Thank you again

Marta.

Edited by: Marta Sánchez on Jul 9, 2008 1:15 PM

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

again, please check SAP Note 1035601.

BR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

After adding MDMRECEIPT it seems everything correct configuration wise.

While extracting data you need to select the structure of the IDOC in the below pane, try to fill the mandatory fields like KUNNR etc..

as per my knowledge, most of times you will get the same error mentioned above due to missing of mandatory fields in the IDOC structure.

In IDOC structure they are many segments, so try to open all segments one by one and look for mandatory fields in each segment and try to assign values for the them.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

RDNPrasad

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

when using MDM_CLNT_EXTR you want to extract data from ERP and not send data into the system! In the transaction UI you define selection criteria that is later used in SQL statements to select the data from the system database table. There are NO mandatory fields when using MDM_CLNT_EXTR. But you have to mention those values, that really exist on DB!

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, this note information has been very complete and helpful!

Table "MASTER_IDOC_DATA" and "no data was found" errors have disappear. However, exmb_moni does not detect any message.

I suppose it is an ALE configuration problem. Can you see any problem in the above configuration? Any documentation?

Thank you again

Best regards,

Marta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry because I made a mistake in my previous message. ALE seems to be correctly configured. I'll try to update correctly my current situation:

In WE02 I can see al IDOCs that I'm trying to send to XI. All them have the IDoc Status = 3 (Data Passed to Port OK) instead of 12 Status Dispatch OK :(. So, It seems an tRFC error.

SM58 shows me more trails: "Basic type 'DEBMDM06' is unknown"

before that I have done the following steps at SAP ERP:

1. WE21: I have created a PI7 port with 700PI70CLNT RFC.

2. SM59: I have checked successfully 700PI70CLNT RFC connection.

3. WE20: I have created a PI7 Partner Type LS with the following inbound and outbound parameters: DEBMDM and MDMRECEIPT.

4. BD64: I have created a Distribution Model with DEBMDM and MDMRECEIPT message types.

and at SAP PI:

5.IDX: Port: SAPEUS. Client: 111. RFC Destination: PI7.

6. technical and business system for sender SAP system(System Landscape Directory)...

- Maybe some of the previous steps is not correct....

- Is RFC Destination = PI7 is correct in step #5?

- Is also necessary to configure more steps in PI system like RFC destinations or Transactional port?

- I have read that is neccessary to check that the option "transfer idoc immediately" in we20. How?

Please any idea will be very helpful.......

Thank you!

Best regards,

Marta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

SM58 shows me more trails: "Basic type 'DEBMDM06' is unknown"

Hope the support pack for MDM is installed in your system since you have transaction MDM_CLNT_EXTR.

Try with IDoc type DEBMAS and let us know the result.

try to process these IDoc of status 03. I guess BD75 or BD87.

Also, did you tried to process these error messages in SM58.

Have you generated the distribution model !

+ I have read that is neccessary to check that the option "transfer idoc immediately" in we20. How?+

In the partner profile, output mode there is this option.

1. Transfer IDoc immed. ( you have to choose this )

2. Collect IDocs

+ An

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

regarding 5.IDX: Port: SAPEUS. Client: 111. RFC Destination: PI7:

in TA IDX1 you have to add the port to the IDoc Adapter on PI side. Did you run TA IDX2, too? You need to do this because in IDX2 you have to add the IDoc types to the port. Otherwise PI doesn't know what to do with incoming IDocs.

Cheers

Michael