cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality inspection at customer site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sap gurus,

Can anybody tell me, how to do quality inspection in customer site.

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is standard functionality for inspection at Vendor's plant called as Source Inspection, but I do not think there is functionality for inspection at Customer's plant. You may use Inspection type '89 - Other Inspection' for this. Assign this inspection type in the material master & create inspection plan for this usage. You can create the inspection plan manually for this. Then carry out the inspection at customer's site & confirm the inspection results. For this inspection type there will not be any stock posting option.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry.... you are correct.. I was thinking vendor.... but you did say customer.

You can create service orders for customers and service orders can generate inspection lots. I'm not in a system yet so I can't check as to the inspection type that is used but I'm sure if you look at the full list in conifg you'll lfind it.

Review help on service orders.

Other then that, your other option would probably be manually created inspection of some type, like 89.

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please review the help information on "Source" inspections. This is standard SAP functionality.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi craig,

Thank you for given the solution, But source inspection is created from purchase order, Here after sending customer, we are not making any purchase order.

Regards,

Krishna