Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in a webdynpro abap component - Really very urgent PLZ help me

Pramanan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working with FITV_POWL_TRIPS webdynpro component.In that my requirement is to keep a button and input fields near the create travel request button and to add some functionalities.

I worked in the component , unfortunately the component get corrupted. i don't know how to retrieve the component to its original state.I tried with version management but no use.

Can anybody suggest me how to retrieve the component. Any of your inputs is valuable to me.

if the patch should be installed is the only way mean plz tell me the patch details.

Actually FITV_FPM , this component get damaged. This component is under FITV_POWL_TRIPS.

Regards,

Ramanan

Edited by: Ramanan Panchabakesan on Jul 9, 2008 12:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What do you mean that you "worked in the component"? Did you make modifications to the standard component? Did you use the enhancement framework? Or did you only change configuration? Some more details on what you did to "corrupt" the component would be necessarily before much help can be given.

Pramanan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

I just placed an UI element in the view of the standard component and activated it. But I removed that UI element from the view and when activating again it caused problem. Hence we want to revert back to initial version.

Regards,

Ramanan.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas,

> Thanks for your reply.

> I just placed an UI element in the view of the standard component and activated it. But I removed that UI element from the view and when activating again it caused problem. Hence we want to revert back to initial version.

>

> Regards,

> Ramanan.

More details please. What is the error message you are getting at activation? Did you use the Enhancement Framework to do the addition (as you should have)? If you did, then just delete the enhancement. Simply removing a UI element shouldn't lead to an activation error. You said you used version management to restore the component - and that didn't work? How so - still the same error? Did you added element go away?

Pramanan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

What happened actually is i had added a node with attribute in the component controller , then i activated. It shows some configuration missing as error.So we tried to retrive from the version management. But its not possible.

Then we compared other system and placed the data as it is there. Now there is no error but when the user clicks on create request button it shows different screen as ouput. I think its now refer some other component.

I need that component to be restored in the original state.

I don't know anything more than this. If you need more details plz raise the question particularly i will reply.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how I can help you at this point. We don't know exactly what you did and still only have a "some configuration missing as error" description. You never really answered my question, but I assume you didn't use the Enhancement Framework to apply the changes to the context. This is POWL so component configuration controls a lot of how this application works. If you changed the standard configuration (which you should never do) I can't really tell you how to get it back (short of restoring your system from backup). I don't see how much adding an attribute to the context changed your component configuration however.

About all I can offer is a suggestion for the future: Always use the Enhancement Framework to make modification to standard web dynpro components when possible. Two - never change the SAP delivered component configurations (especially for something as complex as FPM or POWL). Always copy the configurations and then change the copy. Or at least make a copy as a backup.

Pramanan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Really i failed to use the enhancement mode to work with that POWL component.Actually the thing i did is added an attribute directly to the component controller of that component and binded it to the drop down then activated , it shows some error "Configuration missing error" so again i deleted that attribute and reactivated it again but it shows the same error. so i tried to retrieve it back from version.But failed, then compared with other system the methods and attributes are same as it is.Finally copied the methods and code from that system though all are same in two systems, then activated.No error now.But clicking on the "create request" button the component shows a road map step with 1 as completed status.It looks with the following information

Fite_Request

Completed

and with two buttons one is disabled and thats capiton is Previous step and the other is exit that is enabled

when i clicked that exit button it again goback to the intial screen of FITV_POWL_TRIPS.

Before it shows with some 3 or 4 road map steps with some different status.

Tell me any other way to retrieve it.As the patch to be reinstalled is the solution means please tell in which patch this resides.Technically i want to retrieve it, going for patch update is secondary and i go for that if and only if there is no other way.

with hope and regards,

Ramanan.P

Edited by: Ramanan Panchabakesan on Jul 15, 2008 7:34 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

To be honest I'm not sure how I can help you at this point. From your description I don't see how anyone can be sure of exactly what was changed or even what the original error message was. I suspect that you still have some missing application or component configuration still; but there is no way to say what is missing or what you should put back.

The only way I know to be absolutely sure that it is back to its original state is to restore your system from backup (rather drastic, I know).

If you want to contact SAP, someone might be able to fix the problem for you. However we have a saying where I am from - "You broke it, you bought it". In other words, you can't open a support ticket for problems with a standard object that you modified. You would have to contact SAP Consulting and hire someone to fix it for you.