cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics of DC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can someone please explain me when do we use DCs? How and why do we create public part for a particular DC? How an we use one DC in another? If anyone has any document on the basic concept of DCs it wud be helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Jaspreet Kaur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The DC is a software entity that is reusable any where.For Re usability purpose DCs will be created in your project. Suppose if we create a webdynpro DC say DCA and there are two webdynpro components say DCA_Comp1 and DCA_Comp2. I have a one more DC say DCB. This DCB wants the functionality of DCA_Comp1..

Then add DCA_Comp1 to the public part of DCA.

Add DCA in DCB. Explore DCDefinition->Used DCs-->(Right click)--->Select Add DC

In DCB component declare a comp and used components.

Now in DCB you can use the functionality of DCA_Comp1 but you can not use DCA_Comp2 because its not added to public part

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

How do I access the attributes of the used component ie if i want to use DCA_comp1 in my DCB I would require to map my context elements to it. How can that be done?

Thanks & Regards

Jaspreet Kaur

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

follow the Blog for mapping the context Attributes of different dcs .

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8881] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create context in Interface Controller which is similar to view controller in child Dc. Create public part in the same.

Build this Dc.

Use child DC's public Part in Parent Dc and also use Component of child under "Used web dynpro components" of parent.

Open data modeler of parent Dc.

Here you will find Interface Controller of Child Dc.

Now you can map value attributes of both DC's by creating similar context structure in parent's Component or View Controller to handle the passed values.

Build and Deploy your parent Dc .

Refer this [Blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10113] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; for idea.

Mandeep Virk

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaspreet,

Go though my answer in this thread:

/thread/404380 [original link is broken]

Bye

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

I am working with local DCs, am not using NWDI.

Thanks & Regards

Jaspreet Kaur Grewal

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

I need to work with local DCs, I am not using NWDI. Is there some material for tht.

Thanks & Regards

Jaspreet Kaur