Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving first interface to Production

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi frineds,

After completing the interface in development i have to move the complete interface to production.

And i have one query i need to change the CC before exporting ( Mean the values of production system).

Or after moving to production we have to change and activate in production. What is the best of moving the interface from develomet to production. And one more thing this is first interface which we are moving to production need to take any aditional steps......

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Overview of Transition from Dev to QA in XI

how to transport xi content using CMS

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f85ff411-0d01-0010-0096-ba14e5db...

Thanks,

Madhu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If you are using File System transports, first export the IR and ID objects from DEV and import into Production. And then make changes in the communication channels in the Production ID.

If you are using CMS for transports, see [this guide|http://www.riyaz.net/blog/index.php/2008/05/28/xipi-step-by-step-guide-to-xi-transports-using-cms-part-i/].

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better make all the production changes in development and transport to PRD.

This is the best way to maintain the version changes for IR and ID.

Thanks,

Boopathi

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

After u moved objects into Production ..before activation change the CC configuaration then activate the objects.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

you need to change the CC before moving to production.

Thanks,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Objects in ID should be configured as per system, so you dont have to change anything in development you should configure once all the objects[CC,RD...] as per your production system.

I hope you are using proper CTS to export the object from development system to production. Really its not very complex thing if you do one object you will come to know there is nothing much to worry about.

So go head and move the transport to production with required changes in ID after moving the objects and then activating it to use further.

Thanks

Sudharshan