cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move elements in layout and bind the elements?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I have sereval questions.

1. In a view, I drag & drop a group to the layout and drap sereval elements on the group. But I can't move the elements to the next line. They were just arranged one after one and line after line. How can I move them as I want?

2. Does it exist a "table" element for the layout? Where is it?

3. Does it exist a "date select" button for the layout which allows me to see a calendar and select a date on clicking it? Where is it.

4. I've mapped and binded the context of Component Controller to my Window context. But when I want to map & bind Window Context to View Context, all of the elements of context are gray that I can't bind them to the UI elements on the layout. That's why? How can I bind them?

Thank you a lot in advance!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. In a view, I drag & drop a group to the layout and drap sereval elements on the group. But I can't move the elements to the next line. They were just arranged one after one and line after line. How can I move them as I want?

You have to use Layouts, you have GridLayout, FlowLayout, MatrixLayout and RowLayout

Layout property is there for Groups, Transparent Containers

2. Does it exist a "table" element for the layout? Where is it?

Table UI element is not for Layouts, you have to use the Layouts mentioned above

3. Does it exist a "date select" button for the layout which allows me to see a calendar and select a date on clicking it? Where is it.

Take an Input Field and bind it with a Cotnext Attribute which of type DATS or dataelement which is a date type, then you can see calender automatically

4. I've mapped and binded the context of Component Controller to my Window context. But when I want to map & bind Window Context to View Context, all of the elements of context are gray that I can't bind them to the UI elements on the layout. That's why? How can I bind them?

This should not happen, check this again

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problems are solved. Thank you two very much with my pleasure!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

2. The grid layout is very similar to structuring things with a table in HTML.

4. Don't map the view from the window context. Always go back to the source context. So map the view context from the controller context. Why even map the Window Context? You can do so if you are manipulating some data at the window level (although that is rare). It is not a requirement to get the data into the view.