cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - Mainenance Cycle in two system landscape - possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are trying to create a maintenace cycle with two systems.

We have a system defined as "Evaluation System" and the second is defined as "Production System".

Generally Question

Is it possible to create a maintenace cycle for a two-system-scenario?

Specific Question - Erorrs/Warnings

While checking the project we got several errors/problems:

1 Differences between BC Set SOLMAN40_CHARM_BASICFUNC_001 and database

2 Differences between BC Set SOLMAN40_SDESK_BASICFUNC_000 and database

3 No consolidation system found for EID-800 (project Z_CRM_T)

4 No track for project Z_CRM_T with log. system EID/800

5 Message from function module /TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONS: No export system for CBI-001

CTS

The transport system is configured correct - Check in STMS is OK

Question:

The comparison checks seem to be OK - is it necessary to reactivate the BC Sets?

Kind regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

william_bowman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

You need to go into t-code SMSY.

Select "System Groups and Logical Components"

Expand "Logical Components".

For example, I am using SAP BW as my proof of concept landscape. So, expand "SAP BW".

Expand "BW Server"

click on "SAP BW".

Go into change mode

To select a development system, click on the empty box under Development System.

You should now see a small button on the right hand side of the box that has 2 small rectangles in it.

Press that button. This should take you to a screen where you can select the systems you have configured to that product during your initial SMSY setup.

Select your <SID>:<CLIENT> for development.

Do this for each of the systems in your logical landscape.

Remember that you have to set up client dependent transports and you have to have a consolidation route. I got hung up on those 2 issues.

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Bill,

we have exactly this configuration implemented - client specific transport routes and ...

I'm in contact with SAP support team to help solving this issue - their diagnosis:

TMS is well configured - we have to add the logical system for client 000 -> done -> no changes!

Any help will be rewarded!

The clients were initally copied using client 001 - maybe we need to add a logical system for this client.

kind regards

Tom

P. S. the configuration of CHARM is very simple

william_bowman
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree, the config of ChaRM is bloody simple... If you are a rocket scientist and dabble in nuclear physics

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you solve the problem, Even I am getting the same errors, if it is solved can you please share ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not so many replies!!!

Seems to be not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Tom,

of cours it is possible.

At first you have to maintaine your transport system with client specific transport route, maintain your tx smsy and you in tx solar_project_admin you have to select the right landscape.

regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Dirk,

that is the way we have tried to.

We have a system XYZ. We have a client 100 defined as evaluation System, client 200 as productive system (the initial trial were two different systems, so we thought the transport between two clients of one system should be possible and the better way)

we have configured our TMS to manage a client specific transport of System XYZ client 100 and 200.

the system is part of a maintenace project via solar_project_admin.

But in the maintenace cycle diagnosis there are errors like you have not defined a qa system for XYZ_100, there is no following system (p?) for XYZ_200.

This seems to be a problem with two-system-maintenace-cycle?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Tom,

this is the problem: "But in the maintenace cycle diagnosis there are errors like you have not defined a qa system for XYZ_100, there is no following system (p?) for XYZ_200."

Somewhere, probably in the SMSY or in SCC4 a system is wrong defined.

pls check again!!!

if you dont find it you can sent me a pm!

kind regards dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

This is because your TMS configuration is not consistent with the logical component you've added in your SolMan project.

Can you forward your TMS configuration and system landscape definition in SolMan project. I will tell you how to configure it.

Regards,

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing some changes at the moment.

The old system which was used is currently under cunstruction.

We decide to rebuild our machine on a 64-bit host.

After this we will create three mandants to use in the maintenace project.

TMS is configured on our SolMan centrally.

WE will define client specific transport rotes within this scenario like md100 - md200 - md300 (e - qa - p).

So we have to create al logical comp. for this system with md100 as evaluation system, md200 as qa-system and md300 as productive system.

Thinking this should work, or am I wrong?

kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

problem is persisting.

There is still a difference in the TMS Configuration (anything works as expected) and the configuration of the logical component.

Still there are warnings/errors like:

-> No export system for Md 300

-> No consolidation system for md 100 - 200 ....

We have configured our systems exactly in this way:

[SDN CHARM SETUP BLOG| ]

We cannot find any errors in our TMS

-> Maintain an RFC destination in SMSY for at least one system (checkin shipment routes of logical comp.)

There are RFC connections made in smsy and they are tested & working without errors. The logical comp. is configured as shown in the Blog.

Which step is missing??? Any ideas??

Does anyone know how to setup system roles inside the logical component?

kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

To setup a maintenance cycle you need at least 1 Development system (not evaluation system) and 1 Production system.

Also make sure that you have RFCs which are working and a RFC to CLNT000 of your domain controller.

Next to that the setup of your systems in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN has to reflect the transport route in STMS. If necessary, hide the system roles you don't use in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy

Situation

Md 100 (development) - Md 200 (QA) - Md 300 (P)

Unfortunately I cannot hide the roles I don't need cause they are used in other projects.

I set the md100 as source system/development, 200 as source system/QA and md300 as target/productive client.

But anytime I check the project same errors/warnings ... and if I want to check my system roles (in the right tab) there is nothing selected.

It seems that the way I select the system roles is wrong!

Can anyone explain PLEASE me how to set the system role (dev) to a client in the logical component - Step-by-step..

Thanx in adance

Tom

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the system role for your client/systems in the logical component is very important:

- The development system needs to be defined as a Source System.

- If you don't have a QA, leave all target systems empty. If there are one or more consolidation/integration/regression systems, assign them to system role Target System.

- Your production system uses system role Production System.

The defined Development client needs a client dependent (TMS parameter CTC=1) consolidation track to the QA, or in a 2 Tier landscape to the production system. In a 3 Tier landscape you need a delivery track from QAS client to your production client. But as you wrote, TMS has been set up already. I just would like to mention all steps....

Check that all RFC connections have been set up correctly. Especially the Trusted RFC. Don't forget the Trusted RFC to client 000 ot the TMs domain controller.

In tab Systems ( transaction code SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN => System Landscape 😞

Make sure you see all clients of your logical component. If not hit button System Role Assignment and add your System role.

Then still in the same tab: Hit button Shipment Routes and make sure, you see the complete transport track and only this track here!

After correct setup of TMS, RFCs, logical components and assignment of LC to your project:

First perform a Refresh and a Check in transaction code SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN => System Landscape => Change Requests. Then please recreate the maintenance cycle (and task list).

Regards,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

error in system role definition for QA systems - changed to target system - solved

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.