cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gathering Requirement for XI Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client need SAP Implementation in their comapny. For XI point of view what are the requirements need to Implement the XI ?

Thanks & Regards

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My question is,

My Client (Manufacturing Company) is planning to implement the SAP. So, what type of information can i gather from my client for Implement the XI ?

Regards...

Murali

Edited by: Murali Dusi on Jul 9, 2008 12:01 PM

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali,

XI is middleware which is use for integrating. So check with the client if they have data that resides in some other system such as

1. files in the legacy system,

2. data in DataBase system,

3. retreive or updation of information from an webserver

If some of these data has to flow in to SAP system then implemetation of XI has to be done to integrate SAP with any of the other systems.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your answer.

If any other info pls share with me.

Regards...

Murali

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali,

Get the inputs from the client on the landscape that they are using i.e. the various other systems that they have in their business and the system that are going to synchronize data with the SAP system.

Depending on this input you can get a concrete idea on the integration part and the scenarios that the XI is going to handle.

If in case there are some EDI systems which has to talk to the SAP system then possible an EDI SEEBURGER would also be needed for XI to integrate it with the SAP system.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

we have to install seeburger software in XI system ?

Regards...

Murali.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali,

It was an example, which I gave if XI has to integrate an EDI system if it exist in your scenario.

I said it bcz I would want you to make aware on the approach that has to be done to get the requirement and make a design exactly.

Remember SEEBURGER is an EDI Adapter and not a mandatory one in XI. It is required only one the XI is going to talk with an EDI system.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your valuable answers.

Regards...

Murali

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fine murali....

close the thread if u question is answered...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For best practice, try to follow ASAP guidelines.

Check this Document for more ASAP details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/48/623972d55a11d2bbf700105a5e5b3c/content.htm

Thanks

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos