cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Failed To Open The Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will be the first to admit my knowledge of Crystal Reports Server is (very) limited!

Can run the report in Crystal Reports fine, but when trying to schedule / run them in Crystal Reports Server, the following error occurs:

Failed to open the connection. C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Data\procSched\MINDER.reportjobserver\~tmp22d854a303f2cff.rpt

Is this simply a database connection issue - where / how do the relevant passwords need to be set? Or is it likely to be a problem elsewhere.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue however, this was fixed by setting up ODBC connection (same conneciton used in our machines) onto the server.

The the CR server creates a temp file of the original file onto the Server C:\WINNT\.... (I forgot the path now but it is within C:\winnt).

The best thing is to setup whatever connection you have onto the server, restart your local machines and also restart the services under Central Configuration Manager (this can be found on your server under Business Objects ->Crystal Report Server XI->.

If you have any further problems please post it here and we'll try to help you out.

This question was already asked and answered in one of the earlier posts - I was the one who asked the question

Regards

Jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking the time to take an interest in responding...

The answer in this case is that when one sets up the OBDC connection (in Windows Administrative tools) Crystal Reports will accept a User DSN, but Crystal Reports Server requires a System DSN.

Once this is set up, everything works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad I forgot to mention that the ODBC under the server has to be System DSN.

You are absolutely right there Paul.

Regards

Jehanzeb

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw this error before. we are using Oracle as our reporting database. we had to verify TNS names on the server.