Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change content of a text field in an if...else formula

christian_gnther3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know, this is probably a very easy thing to do. But I keep banging my head on it and was not able to find any infos on this forum nor in google or someplace else.

What I want to do is this:

I have a model with a BAPI. This BAPI either returns 000000 or a number. The number represents the personal number the user currently works on. This is, for example, used in ESS where a user can create a travel expenses request on behalf of a co-worker.

I need to use this return value in a formula to decide what content (christian and family name) to show in two text fields and also in a third text field wheere I need to either show the returned number directly or print out the emplyeee number returned from a second bapi - which would be the users own employee number.

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing.

I tried a formula using operation functions like if else, but they all gave me errors and I was not able to find any good reference on how to construct such a formula.

If someone could send me an example on how to use return values in formula for "if else" operations or some similar functionality, I would be highly thankful,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christian_gnther3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found the solution to my very much indeed small problem.

The formula to use (if someone else might stumple upon this) is

IF(STORE@Personalnummer=="00000000",USER@FIRSTNAME,@FIRSTNAME)

In this case STORE is a Data Store element I dragged from my BAPI. This one returns either 0000000 or a employee number. I use this value for a conditional operator to either return the username from the Usrer Data element or from a second BAPI is have in my model (this one gets Personalnummer as an input).

Regrads,

Christian