SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article Image Upload

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how you can upload the article's image into the article master (To be display in the screen data area)? The article type is FASH. I have SAP logo displayed. I want the article's image to be displayed instead. I checked the Screen data settings in SPRO and the SAP Logo is a default setting. If I change that into the article's image the same image will be displayed for all the articles which is not desired. Ideally there should be a transaction or an activity to assign images for each article and the image has to be displayed in the Screen Data (Basic View) of the Fashion Article.

Thank you,

Manoj.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

to see the articles with the basic SPRO customizing, it is fine to put an image file with

.jpg format

It is required that the workstatuion with the SAP GUI has file access to the server path.

Default Picture can be changed via note 950244

Article master will make a lookup in the fileserver concatenating articlenumber and customized picture format. If it finds a picture, it will be displayed, in other case default picture is shown.

Regards

Björn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

to see the articles with the basic SPRO customizing, it is fine to put an image file with

.jpg format

It is required that the workstatuion with the SAP GUI has file access to the server path.

Default Picture can be changed via note 950244

Article master will make a lookup in the fileserver concatenating articlenumber and customized picture format. If it finds a picture, it will be displayed, in other case default picture is shown.

Regards

Björn

0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

That was really helpful. The default address was c:.jpg. Hence it was not working. I tried with having an article's image in the c: and it was pulled by the system. Now I'll work on creating a common repository for all the images and then change default address in SPRO.

Thanks a lot,

Manoj.

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I recommend to create very small images of the articles in a kind of Thumbnail directory.

So big or normal pictures in one folder, very small pictures in another folder.

The thumbs will be read in basic data screen. Detail view will load the big picture.