cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Account determination for foreign customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When saving the invoice in for a foreign customer the system can not determines the G/L ac. saying that "No G/L account found in Account determination type KOFI"

but in VKOA the G/L ac is maintained for KOFK.

(V-KOFK-9999-1030-02-06-ERL). Is it happening due to foreign customer, becoz in VF01 we have to maintain diff data in Foriign Trade/ Customer Tab.

When i changed the condition typeto KOFI then it is working fine.My doubt is why the system can not determine when it is already defined in VKOA??

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasish,

This is related to costing issue

If you are maintaining Controling(costing) related settings you need to assign G/L account in KOFK acconting determination procedure to post the costing related vaue also.

KOFK is for with controlling

If you are not maintaining controlling (costing) data ,you need to maintain G/L account in KOFI acconting determination procedure.

KOFI is for without controlling

I your case not relevant for controlling system is asking assignment in KOFI procedure.

I hope it will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

This problem is in development server which is a copy of production server. But What i found in VF05, for the same material and customer some invoice were generated with A/c ing doc and system determined from KOFK. And from end user site also there is no such problem.So it seems that in production server everything is fine.Then why this problem is in dev server.Is it possible configuration may be diff in proudction server then develpoment server due to copying might not have done properly.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Subhassish

For information, KOFI would be used in Make-To-Stock scenario where the Account Determination is without costing.

KOFK would be used in Make-To-Order scenario where Account Determination is with Costing.

For KOFI, system posts accounts to FI and not CO whereas, for KOFK, system posts accounts to both FI & CO

So if you want the Account Determination to be posted to FI, then mantain the respective G/L Account for KOFI in VKOA

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

Thanks for the reply. What you have said is right. But my doubt is with the same configuration settings how the system previously determined the right G/L ac for the same cust & material and that was from KOFK.?

regards

subhasish