Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict access to BOM information in chemical industry

MichaelThelen
Explorer
0 Kudos

We just started a project to restrict the access to intellectual property. Part of this is stored in BOM information of specific materials. We are able to protect this information via the authorization object C_STUE_BER in the master data transactions (e.g. CS03, CS11). In addition, the BOM components are visible in several other places like production order, batch where-used list, cost estimate, material documents (mvmt 261/262). Unfortunately, there is no appropriate authorization object in this places. We still need to give access to transaction like CO03, MD04, CK13N for most of our materials but we need to restrict the access to a small group of part numbers which holds the company's intellectual property. I guess this issue does mainly affect companies in the chemical industry. Do you have any experience how other companies solve this issue.

Appreciate any input

Michael

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheln,

you can use SU24 and edit/add the objects required for each the transactions mentioned by you. save it and then import this request to all the clients.

just maintain the roles accordingly and you will be able to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

Thank you for your reply. I believe that SU24 is only a configuration transaction code for PFCG, to tell PFCG what to bring in as an authorization when you select a tcode on the PFCG Menu. It will not extend the authorization check in a transaction.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

While I can't help on this specific issue, I have come across similar situations where the authorisation concept just doesn't extend as consistently as we would like.

In ECC versions of SAP there is something called Enhancement Points which are like user exits on steroids and you can put in additional authorisation validation which then guides behaviour/output of the transaction. As it allows you to retain the standard t-code, it is a pretty slick way of putting in more control, providing your developers know what they are doing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Have you solved this problem,I just have come across similar situations.