cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM2003 SE + MI 2.5 + printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Is it possible to print on a network printer from WM2003 SE using MI 2.5? I've tried to look at available WinCE PIOS drivers but there are only Bluetooth & Serial printers from selected vendors supported.

2. Is it possible to print on a generic printer (like HP, Epson etc.) from WM2003 SE using available PIOS drivers? If not, is there any workaround around this?

Thank you very much for any given answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried the generic WINXP or WIN2000 drivers? It works with the printer defined in windows. I haven't tried it with WM2003 but one of them might work. It supports all generic printers - generically. No barcode support, but some graphic and other support is available. Hope this helps.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I've tried that generic drivers but with no success. I got an error message in SAP MI Web Console when adding these drivers to my device:

-

Microsoft Internet Explorer

-

This component does not support the platform of your device

-

OK

-

I think there is a general problem to print from any mobile device with Windows Mobile because there is no printing support inside device operating systems from Microsoft. You can't define printers like in desktop OSs.

Any other ideas?

Message was edited by: Marek Samaj