cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply template wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody tell me the difference between Form and Table when we make the layout on Webdynpro by right click and selecting the Aplly Template option?

Also can someone post a blog which explains the other elements when designing the layout UI screen ?

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

If you select Form in Apply template then it will create label and input fields for the node specified with the attibutes being set automatically to your input fields.

If you select Table in Apply template then it wil create a table UI element with the binding for the columns being set automatically to your context attributes.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

We generally use "form" for which user's interaction is required ie.

where the user gives his input and based on that we get the output.

eg. InputField, text view, etc.

You can find them in this way.....

When you apply template to the view and select form, click next, select the attribute to which you need the form, click next, here you can find a tab called "editor"....select that and you can find all the different UIs for which you can apply a form.

Table is used when we have to show the output table from the database......even in table you can change the type of ui but all those UIs will be shown in a table format.

Hope you are clear with this....award if useful and post for further queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody tell me the difference between Form and Table when we make the layout on Webdynpro by right click and selecting the Aplly Template option?

Form is normally used to display an element of a node. (Ex: Detail)

Table for muliple elements (Ex: Master)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ui?rid=/webcontent/uuid/ce44a14c-0a01-0010-af89-d7dbd944f176

Regards

Ayyapparaj

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The Form Template is used to create form like user interface based on your context.This approach is very fast in this form design compared to design of UI like form with Individual UI elements. Table Template is used to create a Table with bindings and every thing in your form.Other wise you need to create a table with individual elements .The factor plays here is Time. Use Templates for fast developing.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firtly let us understand what is happening when you say Apply template. WDP Severvice contoller will write all the logic for you if you do so.

Answering your question Difference b/w Form and Table From is where you can input some data and depending on your context structure your severice contoller will construct you input fields. In case of table it constructs a data table for you to display data. Ofcourse you can change the behaviour of the table too.

Hope i am Clear.

I could give you some documents about the UI elements in WDP. Get me you mail id.

Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I didnt get ur answer clear.Plz elaborate it a bit if possible with some pdf's or docs

I am not able to send my e-mail id through this forum.It is not allowing me to do so.

Kindly send me the docs along with explanation through a reply to this query

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You can use the form template to define attributes for a form-like user interface layout that is to be part of the view. The table template supports you when defining data binding for tables created in the view. The ActionButton template allows you to specify the properties of a button.