cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspn stock qty to be in Alternate UOM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to generate Inspn lot qty in Alternate unit (Pcs) when Procurement is happening in Base unit (kg).

Scenario

Client is procuring casting in KG which is Base unit (PurchaseOrder), but Inspection Lot stock posting is to be happened in PCS. Base unit is KG because payment to vendor happens in KG.

Pur Order- 500 kg

GRN- 490 Kg or 10 pcs

Inspn qty should be in PCS- 10 pcs, here quality inspects in Pcs and quality verdict is also in pcs.

Base unit is in KG and goods return is also in KG.

Could anyone tell me how this issue can be resolved.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if this will help you specifically but SAP does have a Badi that allows posting in other UOM's. Please see OSS note 605861.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Vineeth,

you can maintain the alternate UOM as PCS to you material and maintain conversion factor accordingly. and maintain the sample quantity in your task list in PCS. system will calculate the sample quantity in PCS. BUT it will represent the sample quantity and Lot quantity in the Base Unit Of measurement (that is KG in your case) only. I have also tried to find solution for the same requirement, yet not got any other clue. If you find pls let me know also.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes shyam, It will not be helpful as Lot Qty is in KG, and client need it to be in Pcs.

I will let you know if I get any breakthrough.