cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Problem. Idoc to file senerio...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Gurus

I need a help.

I have an idoc.The output is papped to a file , this being a IDOC to File senerio. The Idoc contains segmnent1,2,3,4,5,6,7.The occurance of segment 7 is optional.It may come, it may not come. If segment 7 comes then there is a field callled mwskz which would contain 2 digits, say 'D1', or 'D2' or D3' or 'D4' or D5' or 'D6' or D7'or 'F8' or D9'. The file has a mapping, where there are 9 fields [ say F1, f2, f3, f4, f5, f6, f7, f8, and f9 ] in the ROOT. If at any instance, for a given segment 1, there is a segment7, then the contents of the fields MWSKZ is mapped based on it's content , say if the content ofnwskz is D6 then all fields from F1 - F9 would be populated by the constant term 'N' except for the field 'F6' which would contain 'Y'.

I have done a mapping, but it is failing...

I have used, remove contexts for the field as well as segment . I have use the function exists...but, after putting PAYLOASD, what I can see is, the mapping of the occurance of SEGMENT7 is not synchronised with field mwskz.

Experts Pls help.

Pls send me ur email address so that I can show u the screen-shots of the mapping !!!!

Many Thanks in Advance

Arnab

Please read the Forum's Rules of Engagement,

i.e.,

[/thread/117188 [original link is broken];

and refrain from using email correspondence as the main objective of the Forums is to share knowledge.

SDN PI/XI Forum Moderator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arnab,

I think we can't send you the mail id here in forums based ont he Forum rules.

So get the mail id from Business card

Best regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

praveen, mail has been send....pls check it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,,, ur business card address has failed!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

the problem was solved...It was a minor issue. There was need for a check in the CONTEXT for the field mwskz.

Thanks to all for the initiative,

Regards,

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you send me screen shots to my id........business card

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu...ur business card address failed intelligroup.com. You can send me at arnab.rudra1 at the rate of gmail

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

If i have understood your requirement correctly, you need to duplicate your ROOT node which has fields f1.. f9 for 9 times and map it to a constant. Now you can provide the condition like this:

mwskz = D6-> createIf -> ROOT

and so on....

In the ROOT segment now you can directly map the fields f1 to f9 as per the requirement, i.e., f1 to f5 and f7 to f9 can be mapped to N directly and f6 can be mapped to Y.

Correct me if i have misunderstood your requirement.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev, I dont think I have to duplicate the roots, or may be i could nt explain you the right way!!!iF you see the screen shots, that would be great.

Can I have ur email address!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arnab,

Your mapping scenario looks intersting and challenging,

plz send the screen shots as attachmnets,let me help you in solving the issue

Best Regards

Praveen