cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to System Landscape Directory (SLD) could not be opended

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed Web AS 6.30 SP 6. But whenever I go to Web Dynpro Content Administrator I get the error as written in subject. All the button to create/Maintain jco destinations are disabled. Because of this Problem I am unable to run my Web Dynpro Project using RFC.

Please Help Me.

Thanks

Naresh Purohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gergely_gombos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we use SAP Netweaver 2004s, and we have a same problem.

All the button to create/Maintain jco destinations are disabled.

We didn't find the SLD Data supplier, what someone wrote.

Can you please help us?

Thx.

Gergely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

the HTTP parameters for connecting J2EE engine <-> SLD can be edited in the visual admin at: server->Services->SLD Data Supplier (HTTP settings tab). Usual settings are:

Host = J2EE engine host

Port = 50000

User = Administrator

Password = Administrator-password

After correctly configuring this entries, you should be able to check SLD connection in the WD content admin successfully.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Stefan !!

Now the Buttons are Working ..

But whenever I create a new jco destination , It says the name already exist and second If i go to maintain, it shows the two connection, but I can't edit them.

I do not have ABAP Stack installed in my Web AS. Is it the reason for that?

Thanks

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

please have a look at this topic:

You don't need to have the ABAP stack installed to make this work, but you do need access to an arbitrary SAP backend system.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

It is still not working. I understand we need and extenal sap system to make connection, but I am unable to add a new jco destination as in the first step itself whatever name I add it says it to be already exist.

Second I am unable to edit the existing jco destination.

Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

strange, the destination should be editable. I'm not sure if this works but please try removing the destination in the SLD, redeploy your WD app and try creating/editing it afterwards in the WD content admin. Which WebAS version are you using?

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan ,

After going through documentation and other forum I am now able to create/edit jco destinations.

But since It was not showing any message server in drop down , I added new BC Message Server in SLD Admin. Now the problem is that the page from where I have to select Message server while creating/editing jco destination is showing error :java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1.

Please let me know if there is any other setting Required.

Thanks

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

this is a known bug in the WD content admin. Please have a look at this topic:

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan ,

Thanks a lot!! I am able to set up SLD and my program is also working.

Best Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed Web AS 6.30 SP 6. But whenever I go to Web Dynpro Content Administrator I get the error as written in subject. All the button to create/Maintain jco destinations are disabled. Because of this Problem I am unable to run my Web Dynpro Project using RFC.

I have also tried to call Tcode through EP iview. but getting error as <b>Connection to System Landscape Directory (SLD) could not be opended</b>

Please Help Me.

Thanks

Regards

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever figure out what is the fix for this issue?

I am also having the same problem. I Noticed the SLD port value on my local host in the WebDynpro contend admin is 501001 where as the value in Visual Adminstrator -> service- SLD data supplier is 50100 (for successful connection). I tried testing by changing the SLD value to 50101 in Visual Admin -> services->SLD Data supplier, then it failed. I am assuming the Port value should be 50100 since this is seccessfully tested from Visual administrator.

I can't change values in WD Content admin. Does anyone know where i can chage this port number so it points to 50100 instead of 50101.

THanks for your Help.

Ramesh