cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the current XI job market status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xi Guys,

I am an experienced Abap developer with just rolled off my first successful XI project.

For my next project I am really want to stay in XI arena and would not like to go back to Abap .

I wish to ask you your opinion on - what is the XI current job market status in the US?

I am hearing different things u2013 some are saying XI is not a good place to be, because there are not that many xi projects and there are too many xi consultants u2013 therefore if job is difficult to find, rate is low, slowdown etc.

Others are saying exactly the opposite -xi market is very good and it is growing , so there are jobs...

If first is true I would not like to waste time and effort. So your inputs as xi gurus will be interesting for me, before jumping to any conclusions.

Of course more info like which exactly XI skills are in better demand and what are the trends now will be also interesting to hear.

Let me know what you think and what is your experience.

Appreciate your replies!

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Well if you are in US,you would already know that the whole market is not that good,this is not just for XI,its for everything.

I know my friends who got project in XI within 1 week of rolling off and i also know of guys who have been looking for jobs for 2-3 months.

My philosophy is simple,since i need only 1 position,so market is always good as long as there is that 1 vacant position,i dont care beyond that.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

true, ss you said - all you need is only one project )

thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please do not post such sort of questions on SDN XI forums.

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Check this out - [SAP Consulting Market Outlook in 2008|http://www.riyaz.net/blog/index.php/2008/03/28/sap-consulting-market-outlook-in-2008/]

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jon,

Your question is pretty interesting... Well WHO can tell the future...Only GOD...:-))

Todays market is volatile. AS per current market situations we can just forecast about XI requirments, it may be right or may go wrong after few years.

But one think I could assure you is if you have good knowledge then you can servive in any Market situations.

Curently there are many XI consultants available but can you guess how many are of them XI experts...just few of them.

If you see the previous developments in XI arena, then it will ndicate you that you should be updated with latest version of knowledge else you will stay out of the race.

So before getting involve in XI, be sure that you are ready to survive in slag time of Market as well as enjoy it on on peak time.

Tomorrow Market may get down or may be at boom for XI, but there will always be requirment for good XI knowledge

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best place to find the answer to your question is....search in Job Portals for XI ....i just did and its still hot...almost all MNC's are recruiting Xi consultants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Do you really think so? Do you know what is best to couple XI with - Bi , MDM , or something else?

What do you think is XI skills to combine is best?

Thanks !

Joe