cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic (hopefully) EDI question

0 Kudos

I'm very new to XI/PI and am trying to figure out XI's EDI capabilities. We're a small company and trying to decide if XI is the way to go (it's not installed at the moment).

We're trying to do 810 and 850 EDI transactions and there's no strong requirement on how that has to happen.

One consultant recommended I get a license for "EDI Engine for Consumer Products, the 'SAP XI Adapter for EDI'" Which he seemed to think SAP sold.

Another consultant said SAP XI Server didn't come with (or sell) an adapter and said I had to get a 3rd party tool like the SeeBerger EDI adapter or use something separate like Gentran..

Can someone untangle this for me? Is there an EDI adapter that comes with XI Server that would work?

Thanks,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Is there an EDI adapter that comes with XI Server that would work?

Sorry,there isn't any EDI adapter that comes along with SAP XI,you need to buy third party adapters like Seeburger to handle EDI messages.

we are doing lots of EDI transactions and are using Seeburger along with XI.works for all 810,850 etc

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is an update to the aedaptive link mentioned elsewhere in this thread:

http://www.aedaptive.com/index.php/solutions/edi-for-sap-netweaver

Gordon

0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.. I'm not sure which direction we're going in, but these are some good options to look at and I'm slightly less confused.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

maybe you should consider Seeburger's standalone B2B solution BIS as well.

http://www.seeburger.com/b2b-gateway-overview/

It can be cheaper and more convenient solution than XI with third party EDI adapters.

Regards

Naycho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

If your scenario's are only 810 and 850 and if you want to implement in very low cost, you can go for SAP Business Connector 4.7, which is available free of cost from SAP. we have implemented this two year backs and it is working fine.

Regards

Vijayanand Poreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For most of the EDI data handling SAP has tagged with SEEBurger who supplies the general maps .Mostly there are some standards maintained for that and since XI cannot understand the edi datas which needs to be transformed to the xml formats. These maps are deployed in the server and some configuration are done in the File adapter which in turn directly convert the EDI datas into xml format.

Regards,

Arijit Guha

**Reward points if you find this usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use Conversion Agent for conversion Purpose, it is the product of Itemfield.

Regards,

Study SAP

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

You might want to take a look at itemfield from SAP...........just might be what you are looking for.........

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lee,

There is no EDI adapter. You can develop it. But it invoves great effort. There are many tools like seeburger which you can use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

SAP relies on a system of partners to provide adapters for other

applications and certain industry EDI standards

SEEBURGER AG

iWay Software

Please go through this once

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6dc02f5d-0601-0010-cd9d-f4ff9a7e...

http://www.aedaptive.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=14

Regards

Abhishek Mahajan

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seeburger adapter is the solution for EDI communication (out of the Box). Without this also, one can do this but needs lots of efforts. Seeburger is third party and SAP does not sell it. If you have SAP is your landscape and XI as integration broker deployed, then going for Seeburger might add value. If that is not the case and you thinking of XI just for EDI communication with your backend system which are non SAP, I would say no to XI as it would be a costlier solution to implement and maintain.

VJ