cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would happen if application server needs to be restarted?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am talking about a scenario where application server hangs and needs to be restarted, because you couldnt do anything on it. What would happen to any insert, update of data taking place at that time. I guess it will all be rolled back if they are not committed and written on the data files. What would you do in this case before restarting , what would you check after restart of the system? Please share your experiences.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The updates to the system will more than likely be safe. The first thing I would check after the restart are the 'old' version of the work process log files stored in the work directory. Have you had a chance to look these over?

J. Haynes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>What would you do in this case before restarting , what would you check after restart of the system? Please share your experiences

SAP has its recovery manager([click|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a8910c3a-0d01-0010-a6a9-f4a8aae140fe] BR Tools) and every time you restart the server the system will be rolled back to the last safe point if there were any undone or not commited queries.

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bill,

Updates work on logical unit of work so if apps server restarts in between the inserts or updates the update fails with no record updtes....

correct me if i am wrong..

Thanks,

Subahsh