cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async-Sync Bridge without BPM for SOAP WS and JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I heard you can now have async-sync communication outside of BPM by utilizing adapter modules?

My scenarios are:

proxy (async) -> SOAP WS (sync)

proxy (async) -> JDBC (sync)

I will like to capture the synchronous responses in XI and perform some basic error handling.

I read h[|] and the release notes for 2004s SP19 and there is no reference to JDBC or SOAP.

tia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Megha,

AFAIK, the adapter module configuration is not dependent upon the type of adapter.

Did you try the adapter confguration for your JDBC/SOAP adapters, as described by bhavesh?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I cant find that how-to guide anywhere (have you seen it?) I am not sure what to populate in the parameters as he referenced in his thread (Bhavesh).

Regards,

Megha

From Bhavesh thread -

Module config

Number - ModuleName - Type - ModuleKey

1- AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean - Local Enterprise Bean - 1

2- CallSapAdapter-Local Enterprise Bean - 2

3-AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean-3

Parameters

ModuleKey - ParameterName - ParameterValue

1 - passThrough - true -- what is the value here for other adapters?

3-receiverChannel - Receiver File Adapter Name -- what is the value here for other adapters?

3-receiverService - Receiver Business Service/ System -- what is the value here for other adapters?

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not 100% sure but you can try.

Parameters

ModuleKey - ParameterName - ParameterValue

1 - passThrough - true -- what is the value here for other adapters?

Same as above, nothing changes.

3-receiverChannel - Receiver File Adapter Name -- what is the value here for other adapters?

Replace the Receiver File Adapter Name with the Adapter name of the JDBC/SOAP Adapter.

3-receiverService - Receiver Business Service/ System -- what is the value here for other adapters?

The Reciever BS in which the JDBC/SOAP adapter is defined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

These module configuration do not apply to Proxy based communication though. See my scenario is proxy (async) - jdbc and proxy (async) - SOAP WS

Or am I misunderstanding this.

tia

-- Megha

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Your Proxy is on the sender side.

Whereas the module configuration has to be done for the receiver adapter side(For your SOAP and JDBC Adapters)

Why do you think that it will not work?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Per Bhavesh's note [here| ]

He is describing File -- RFC -- File

Where it's Async/Sync

He says:

"4. We need to add a few modules in the Sender File Adapter. "

With this configuration, you can now handle the requirement without a BPM

My scenario is Proxy -- JDBC -- XI or Proxy -- SOAP -- XI

His file scenario = proxy meaning the config is entered on the sender side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

It is Aysnc to Sync Scenario. File is one sender system which is sending data asynchronously, rfc a synchonous sap system which will recieve the data and send the response, File is another File system where the target file will be sent asynchronously. These two File are different File servers/system and not the same. I hope it is clear to you now.

You can use the same in your scenario as well.

thanks

amit

reward point if answer is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Bhavesh and the blogger from 5590 are doing the same thing:

Async --> Sync --> Async

In once case (blog) it;s JMS

In Bhavesh's case it's File

The primary difference between my scenario and theirs is they are adapter-based (file and JMS respectively) whereas in my scenario - the sender is asyncproxy_ (abap).

Where will the module configuration go? Those modules convert the async message to a sync one and thats what I need to do.

tia

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The guide is somehow missing on service market place. I do have a copy of it somewhere in one of my backup's.

The value for other adapters will continue to be the same and so will the name of the business service , nothing changes!

Just make sure that the Receiver adapter can support sync calls and ofcourse the sender doesn't as if it did, no need to use these modules.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Havent tried it with the XI adapter as this is asynch but I dont see any reason as to why it wont work., After all XI adapters also run on the java stack.

Do let me know if you need any further help, tried this a long time back and hence it would be fun to revisit the same.

As for monitoring, you will have see the synch message in SXMB_MONI and the adapters will the log in the comm channel monitoring.

There is no custom error handling that you can do here.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh for this[ link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4f/0a1640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

Closing thread -- this cant be done for XI adapters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

I am doing similar interface, ECC to PI Aync proxy  and PI to 3rd party Sync.......So ESR I configured as regular synchronous scenario. But In ID

Q1. Where Do we specify Module configuration in sender Xi communication channel and we will not option to specify Processing Parameters also ?

Q2. I tried doing switching ECC to PI as web service also but its giving below error

class com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.mo.MessageContext:library:com.sap.aii.af.sdk.lib@com.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourceMultiParentClassLoader@1f31f576@alive incompatible with interface com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.Message:interface:com.sap.aii.af.ms.ifc@com.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourceMultiParentClassLoader@300fa532@alive

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

You cannot enhance XI adapter with your own modules on the Module tab page in the module processor. Ref: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/0a1640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

You need to make the Proxy as Synchronous and need to perform required mapping with Synchronous Web Service at Target side.

Otherwise change the design:

Async Proxy ECC ---> Web Service Lookup (Sync) --> Async Proxy ECC

Check the below blog for WS Lookup from UDF:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defi...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

Thanks for quick response......If ECC Also publish the WSDL we can do  soap to soap Async/sync bridge  interface right.......correct me if I am wrong. I tried this way also still getting the above response.

Thanks,

Deep

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Yes you are correct. They need to define Enterprise Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So for testing purpose, I publish WSDL from SAP PI.. and trying to test from soupUI......then getting bellow error .......Any help here

class com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.mo.MessageContext:library:com.sap.aii.af.sdk.lib@com.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourceMultiParentClassLoader@1f31f576@alive incompatible with interface com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.Message:interface:com.sap.aii.af.ms.ifc@com.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourceMultiParentClassLoader@300fa532@alive

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod - your links are not addressing my problem. They speak to IDoc, JMS, File and some dont even refer to bridging.

I specifically asked for SOAP and JDBC - Async to Sync and how to handle monitoring. And I was asking for some more detailed information.

In addition, a lot of the links are repeated - I think to you need to make your responses useful or if you need more clarification ask.. or if you dont know, then monitor the post till someone who knows contributes.

Not to pick on you but these kind of responses ruin the SDN experience for lots of people.

Regards,

Megha

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Plz do refer the below links u will get an idea:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a05b2347-01e7-2910-ceac-c45577e5...

Sync/Async communication in Adapter without BPM (SP19)

Async/Sync Communication using JMS adapter without BPM (SP 19)

also try this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5059f110-0d01-0010-7c8b-fdc...

Have a look

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5059f110-0d01-0010-7c8b-fdc...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Do refer this thread:

Reward if found useful

Regards,

Vinod.