cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Interval variable with Value Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a simple VC iview and want to use a date interval as a variable. The date variable is mandatory in the query. I have created an input form for the date interval variable. Then I have added a value help to the variable. Initially the value help puts the interval in YYYYMMDD:YYYYMMDD format. But the query is looking for DDMMYYYY:DDMMYYYY format to return any applicable data. I have change the value help so the transfer interval has an assigned value of DSTR(STORE@url,'DDMMYYYY:DDMMYYYY). So this passes the date correctly to the query.

But when a user selects their dates from the list, it no longer shows up in the date interval box. It is there in the background and works, but no one can see it. Thats issue one.

Second, is the table returns the results set and the date is in YYYYMMDD. I want it to be in DD.MM.YYYY. When I use DSTR to change it, then the sort does not work correctly and sorts it out of "normal" order.

Third/Bonus help if someone know it. With my value help, all the individual days are in a drop down list. How do I change it to a Date Picker?

Thanks

Points will be given.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeffrey,

Help me understand this -> does the user have the option of selecting any date he wants; and you need to capture this date and query on it, is it? If so, please explain why are you using drop down list, when he can choose the dates directly from Date Pickers.

Please help us understand why are you creating a value help for "Date" type? Usually, there is no need to provide a value help for "date" type. A simple datePicker should do. If you're looking for this, then please opt for Date Picker.

Also, I'm not that clear with what you want to do after the user chooses the date(s). More explanation needed.

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the user can choose any date interval they want. The date interval is a single variable with a start and end date. Date picker appears to only allow me to choose a start date or just an end date, not both. The reason for the date is the time period for the report to be run. ie. 01.07.2008:31.07.2008. I have added the value help so the user does not have to type this in, but rather can select the two dates. The dropdown is the default method for the value help and did not appear to give an option to change it to the date picker. If you know how to use the date picker for an interval, that might work as well.

Again, it is all stored as one variable, so unlike the VC manuals I have found which use one variable for the start and another for the end, I have to have the dates all in one box.

Thanks