cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I'm trying to delete a DC, in my NWDI infrastructure.

Searching in help.sap.com, I found this links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/cf6bac44e70a85e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/45/b4b58675a3003ae10000000a11466f/content.htm

But, I never do this, and I'm looking for an example.

If someone can help me...

Thanx....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check below threads

Go through step by step as mentioned in SAP Note 864515

Points are welcome if it is helpful

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I'm using this tutorial:

-

Summary

Symptom

How to delete workspace folders in DTR

Other terms

DTR, Design Time Repository, Workspace Folders

Reason and Prerequisites

DTR clients currently doesn't support the deletion of workspace folders

Solution

Workspace Folders are those folders which contain workspaces as their members. The standard DTR client in SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio doesn't support the deletion of workspace folders. The deletion of those folders from outside the developer studio can make the Developer Studio unuseable. Every Developer Studio which refers (by DC configurations, DTR clients) to a workspace folder may get corrupted if the folders are deleted.

But if it can be assured that no Developer Studio refers to a workspace folder anymore (by removing the development configurations refering to the folder) there is a way to delete the folder. This can be done with Internet Explorer. Please follow these steps to delete the folder:

1. Find out the URL under which the folder is accessible (

e.g. http://test:50000/dtr/ws/XYZ/test.sap.com_HM_PVC/dev)

2. Start Internet Explorer

3. In the menue select "File->Open" and enter the URL of step 1. Make sure to check the box "Open as Web Folder" and press OK.

4. In the upcoming window you see an Explorer-like view on the content of Workspace Folder. Select in the menue "View->Go To->Up one level".

5. Right-Click on the Icon representing the workspace folder and choose delete.

Now the workspace folders are deleted. Also folders on top of workspaces folders can be deleted in this way.

A precondition for deleting a workspace folder, or a folder on top of it, is that it must be empty. If the folder to be deleted is not empty

the deletion will not succeed. This means that, in case when there is

a hierarchy of folders to be deleted, it has to be done bottom-up.

-

I can open DC's, and view all my data, but when I try to delete any component, I receive this wanring:

Is not possible delete xxxxx (where XXXXX is my component, or something else).

Someone can help me?

Thanx...

(sorry for my bad english... I'm learning)

PS: Where I can read that note? I'm can't find it... Can you send me the link?

Edited by: Glauber Balbinot Vicari on Jul 9, 2008 4:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The note is no longer available. Don't know why, maybe it's rewritten. Maybe someone has saved it and could tell you whats inside. I'll will look for it and if I find it I will post the content of the note.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

The problem is...

I don't have permission, to delete DC's...

Why I can do this?

Follow this tutorial, I can see all the DC's in my NWDI, but, when I try to delete anyone, I receive that message... Telling me this... than I don't have permission to do this...

Sorry for my english.

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

is your user is having NWDI.* roles or groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm following sap note 855537, but, when I'm trying to delete some DC, my permissions are denied... I'm using administrator, but, I can't continue without permission to delete....

Any tips?

Thanx!

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

My problem to delete DC from DTR still unsolved.

After read this PDF, I create a new user, with all administrator permissions, and does not work. My problem still unsolved.

I'm opening dtr URL in my browser, with "Open as Web Folder" checked.

But, when I'm try to delete any DC's (active, or inactive), I receive a warning, about my permissions, and my log file, show me this message:

-

#1.5 #0019B9D77271007600002C4900000918000452374655B047#1216297263593#/Applications/DTR/RequestLog#sap.com/tcdtrenterpriseapp#com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.WebdavMethod#302609#84773##PORTALTESTE.br.TOJO_MPD_3847450#302609#b6c8df8a53fa11dda3100019b9d77271#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_15##0#0#Warning#1#/Applications/DTR/RequestLog#Java###Precondition failed: #1#Precondition forbidden check failed for resource {resourceType='VCR', getPath()='/ws/TS-FT-JJ/empresa.com_TS-FT-JJ/dev/active/DCs/empresa.com', resourceID='1ba6709b3bcd11ddcdf90019b9d77271', objectID='1ba6709d3bcd11dd8bfb0019b9d77271', path='/DCs/', name=empresa.com'}.#

-

I need some help, please...

Thanx!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Following the steps of last message of this thread, I can delete DC from DTR.

[|]

Thanx!

Edited by: Glauber Balbinot Vicari on Jul 17, 2008 3:19 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow the last message of this thread...

My question is solved...

Thanx!