cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI CONFIGURATION------BACKUP & RESTORE(Urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to configure a new XI box which will have same flows and configuration that we have in our production.

Or you can say we need a mirror image of production XI server (All the flows and scenerios that are running in production )

So , for this do we have any method to take the back-up from the production and restore it in the new box so as to have all the scenerios in place.

If this can happen then can anyone let me know how can we do that ?

Please advice ,, please treat this little urgent.

Will be oblidge for your valuable answer.

Many thanks

JD.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JD,

Yes you can do a backup and restore.

For the ABAP+Java side the standard system refresh or System copy guide (pending on your version) from SAP Marketplace.

I never remember how to find the PDF's the names of the ones I used on Marketplace but a search on the names may find your version of XI/PI.

System Copy for SAP

Systems Based on SAP

NetWeaver 7.0 SR2

ABAP+Java

and

System Copy for SAP

Systems Based on SAP

NetWeaver 7.0 SR2

ABAP

(found this on the site)

Obviously the ABAP+Java PDF would be more to what you are looking for. The trick with the j2ee side of the restore is the SID/host renames (at least it was for our systems) in visual adminstrator and j2ee flat files (if you don't do the online copy). I used the second ABAP system copy guide as a "other" checklist for the copy. I believe

Reading that this is urgent, I recommend using caution to copying prod and restoring to a networked system that has access to your production systems. On the startup of the copied/restored system will have services and connections to the end systems.

Good luck

Rocco

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jay,

There are 2 options..If they have a different hardware..then system copy..

Else we have done a case where you image the server out and image it onto another box...and there is a SID and other feature changer that we got from sap..

Regards

Ravi Raman

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It must be a normal task for Basis. I think system copy is the solution. They normally take an image back up and load on the target system.. then change all the connection parameters. I am guessing it based on my experience with basis..!!

VJ