cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing WM RF project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello WM RF Gurus,

At present our client is using scanners for goods movement in the warehouse in Non SAP environment . Now they want to go for SAP and WM module to be implemented with RF solution.

I am new to WM RF solution implementation.

Could somebody please advice me the approach to implement RF solution ?

What is WM Consulatant's role in RF solution ?

I know how to define menu management and queue management . Do we need to know about ineterface part of RF network to SAP. Who are the vendors in the market at present to give the RF solution interfaced with SAP ?

Please help me .

Regards,

Shashi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything especially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

I am not a 'GURU', but I can help you start with something. SAP comes with a standard solution called SAP CONSOLE(WEBCONSOLE in our case) which plays a middlware role between R/3 and RF devices. RF devices communicate to SAP CONSOLE through wireless access points and BASIS/INFRASTUCTURE guys should be able to set it up.

As far as the vendors are concerned: Intermec ( http://intermec.com ) is the leading RF device provider and is fully compatible with SAP WM system. Other than RF devices and RF scanners, i think you don't have to buy anything else except for setting up wireless access points for RF devices to connect to SAP server.

Hope this helps.

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod ,

Thanks a lot for your start up . It is helpful for a starter like me. How about the bar codes and scanners ? we need to go to Zebra ?

Regards,

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There're two roles involved in implementing RF solution. One of the role is about functional and another role is to develop the code. Barcode printing is development in ABAP. Barcode printing can be done using any of the barcode printers(ex. Zebra printers, there are other printers as well, you can search this in any search engine).

Scanner device can be Mobile Computer with the scan engine(Eg. Symbol, Intermec etc)

There are standard SAP RF functions available. You can use them. Also you can design custom RF transactions.

In order to develop custom RF transactions, you need to identify the custom RF transactions, write the functional specifications. The developer role is to write code based on the functional specification.

Let me know if this helps. Reward if this is useful.

Thanks.

with regards,

Muthu Ganapathy.