cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnLeadSelectEvent doesn't work on the first row after retrieving of data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a problem with Table UI Element.

There is retrieved data in the table by RFC.

and I used onLeadSelectEvent for opening a new window

when user click a row of the table.

It works fine when I click other rows except the first row.

I think the onLeadSelectEvent doesn't occur because the focus already is on the first row since retrieving of data.

Is there anyone let me get through this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like Armin said, if the first row is already selected then clicking on it won't change the lead selection so no onLeadSelectEvent will be fired.

I remember noticing this behaviour myself and seeing that if instead of clicking a cell on the row I clicked the orange box in the first column, the one that shows your selection, the event was triggered.

So either do like Armin says and switch off the initializeLeadSelection flag, tell the users to select rows only by clicking the boxes or add another column containing a button that fires its own event when clicked and tell the users to click the button instead. Adding a button column can be a good idea since it means that users can select rows without triggering the event (should they want to), for instance on a long table it can be nice to select a row so that the orange box appears around it making it obvious which row you're reading and only trigger an event by clicking the button on that row if you want to.

Using a button also means that you can add a tooltip that explains to the user that clicking will open a new window with more details.

Regards,

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Table UI element automatically is focused on the first row if there is data.

Is there no way to remove the focus?

As I said to Armin..

it is a request UI from client.

I will discuss and find the other way with client if there is no way..

thanks for your helping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the context node's property. Make sure the property <b>initializeLeadSelection</b> is set to <b>false</b> if you don't want the first row to be selected by default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony.

Thank you very much..

I switched the property to false..

then it works fine.

You solved my problem. _____

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the first row is already selected, no selection change event will be triggered. Is this the case here?

Probably you have the "initializeLeadSelection" flag turned on.

Apart from that, I'm not sure if opening a new window when selecting a table row is a good idea. It is probably not what a user of your application expects. Perhaps you better add a link for such a navigation.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin..

Thanks for your help!

Yes. right..

The Table UI element automatically is focused on the first row after retrieving data.

so I want to know the way to remove the atomatic focus..

Is there no way?

And.. Where can I the "initializeLeadSelection" flag turn off?

There is no room for a button or a link something..T.T

And the UI(opening a new window when user click a row) is a request from client..

plz.. help me out..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't find any reason why it should not work. Try printing the current element index on leadSelect.

Please try opening an OSS message.

Regards,

Noufal