cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficient rights - How to determine the correct rights?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Does anyone know how to determine the correct rights if you get the error message "Insufficient rights for operation"?

In SAP backend systems you can start transaction SU53 to check your "missing" authorizations, but is something like that also possible in MDM?

I also don't see any detailed information in the logs or reports.

If anyone has an good suggestion, please let me know, since I don't want to do "trail and error" to know what Functions to set to Execute and what Tables/Fields to set to Read/Write (because there are quite some combinations to check).

p.s. I've read the complete reference guide of the MDM console and sometimes it's really obvious what Functions and Tables/Fields you have to set, but for instance when I want to give authorization to maintain Relationships in the DataManager and have set the Main table and all Relationships to Read/Write and have set all Records and DataManager functions to Execute it still doesn't allow me to maintain the relationships on the records! I only get the message "insufficient rights" and it's unclear what rights are missing!

Regards,

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197472
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Somebody might have locked the record by editing it in mdm data manager same time.. in such case your code (rfc/api) is trying to operate on locked mdm record.. so the error.. this is one possibility

0 Kudos

hi Marcel,

I doubt if we have anything in MDM to show you what authorizations are missing.However,you can check the following :

1. What activity are you trying to perform when you get this error.

2. Check if authorization are given in the role for that actitvity.

3. Check how many roles are allocated to user and Is authorization given in all roles if more than 1 role is assigned to that user?

Please let us know answer of the queries...

Regards,

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

In this case, we are trying to create (add itens) to a Shopping List. Is there any role associated in SRM?

The "responsible" is the anonymus user (Master) . the UI manager. The user that is doing a Shopping Cart is another one.

How can I check autorizathions this way?

Thank

Lm

0 Kudos

Hi Lm,

I have not yet worked on SRM-MDM integration scenarios.All i could suggest is that you need to find out the user who is communicating with MDM and check its authorization in MDM.User who adds records in MDM at the back end is main culprit.This may be the same user who is adding items in shopping cart from SRM.

Regards,

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same error in Shopping Lists.

Do you have any sugestion? What is missing?

Tahnks