cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSI Report "period to analyze"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all SAP experts,

With the help of MCSI transaction code I see the data for some information structures. MCSI comes under:

SAP easy access - Information systems - logistics - sales & distribution - tools - MCSI - user defined analyis.

Here i use some information structures.

Problem: I double click on any information structure & enter the values in the characteristics. Now in the "period to analyze" I can enter only the period (month & year). Here i want to enter as per the date (dd/mm/yyyy).

I have checked the SAP documentation & it says that a time unit is assigned to every information structure & the time unit can be day, week, month. By default it takes the period as the posting period.

I want to enter the date here in the format dd/mm/yyyy.

Please guide me as to how can I solve the problem. I have checked in IMG but not getting any clue. The MCSI is shown below the "flexible analysis" in the SAP easy access screen.

With best regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lionel for your valuable suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The choice of period to analyse becomes from a configuration of infostructure.

For LIS report (= LIS table), only one period is selected.

Look at OMO1 for sales report for your infostructure : only 1 period is activated.

Then, if you want a period by date, you can modify the analysis period for your infostructure.

If you modified the period, the data are deleted in your infostructure. Then, you can run program to read sales order, ...

the choice of period type is critical : data are increased if you select date vs month. It's not advise for this report, depends unfortunetely on the nature of your report (ex : service level is often by date, not month).

Regards,

Lionel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lionel,

If I change the time unit in OMO1 then according to you the system will delete the data in the infostructure. Here my question is if the data is deleted will it again get created when I run the report once again date wise?

With best regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you change the time unit for the period to analyse, the data are deleted from your infostruture.

Then, you can test your new configuration with Tcode MCVR for an old sales order (MCVT for deliveries, MCVV for invoive). Check the date. Of course, you can check with a real data in your environment test by creating new documents.

The date field for period determination is critical : VDATU for sales order (modification date), FKDAT (invoice date), ...

Then, if you are all documents in your system, you can update your infostructure by launching different programs to initialize : OLI7, OLI8 & OLI9 for respectively to read sales orders, deliveries & invoices.

Warning : all documents = long time to update your infostructure.

Regards,

Lionel