Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message interface name not found for external party

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having one scenario where file is coming from external party and that needs to be posted to IDOC in R/3.I have defined Message Interface which will accept the file from third party, but during configuration I am unable to assign this interface for the incoming message parameters when i select the sender as external party as is my case how ever If I select the sender as Internal system then I am able to see my interface.Am I missing out some thing please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we need to add out interface name explicitly in our bussiness service under Sender tab.Please clarify me.Because when I am adding manually the interface name is appearing.

Regards,

Chandra.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Yes you have to add it :).

Regards

Suraj

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

sometimes it is hard to find the corresponding places in the documentation:

<b>Business Service</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fe/131eb4ef2fb344abf471c9eac0063a/frameset.htm

"Outbound/Inbound Interfaces:

Enables you to assign interfaces for message exchange.

To do so, in the Outbound Interfaces or Inbound Interfaces frame, add a new row (Insert Row Below Selection). Use the input help to assign the interfaces. To delete an assignment, select the relevant line and choose Delete Selected Lines."

<b>Business System</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7b/d4653fd1d3b81ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

"Outbound/Inbound Interfaces:

For each business system, the interfaces that are installed on the business system are also entered in the SLD. These interfaces are displayed in this frame. You cannot add any other interfaces."

Regards

Stefan

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have assigned your business system and the related components, and all activations are done.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Chandra

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi prashanth,

I have created one Outbound Asynchronous interface.

When I am selecting Internal party as R/3 in configuration wizard then I am able choose my message interface but when i am selecting external party i am not able to see my message interface.

Am i wrong some where..Please let me know

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

chandra,

hav a look in here...

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

regards..

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Try checkin your Interface mappings in ur repository. You might have made an error in inbound/ outbound params,

cheers,

Prash