cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPDB Standby Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create the standby database by copying the production Database to standby database. When i run the restore from the backup that has been taken from production to standby database, the restore went fine but after the restore when I check the data: I can see all the tables in the database like my production but the users which are in DBM GUI are missing in the standby database.

Can some one help me how do i get those users to standby database? why those users are not get restored when I run the restore?

Thanks lot

Guru Naidu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume you mean the DBM user which can be maintained

via Configuration -> DBM User.

These user are stored by a backup.

In fact the DBM Administrator ( most of the times it is control or dbm ) is created during the db_create command.

Due to this it is in the database before the restore is run.

The other user ( except of these you have created ) are in fact SQL User which are created addtionally as DBM user due to naming conventions. These are the DBA Admin ( most of the times superdba or dba ) and domain.

These users are created automaticaslly when you load the system tables (Configuration -> Upgrade system Tables ). The additonal user you have created must be recreated by hand.

Best regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefen,

Thanks for the information.I have one more question: What's the best way to create an SAPDB standby database? (Content Server). To make it more clear we are using the SAP Content server (SAPDB 7.3)to store the CProjects Data. We are trying to create the Disaster Recovery(DR) site for faliover and failback. I got some information in sapdb.org but which is not clear. As per the document I tried copying the source database using the homogenous system copy and installed the target instance (DR) tried restoring the backup of source system.. till that point every thing is fine. But how do I apply the logs by getting from the source database to keep both databases sync?

I would really appreciate if you have any docs on this!!

Thanks a lot

Guru Naidu