cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mointoring Batch jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any way to monitor our batch jobs, so that if any job is cancelled or with any other abnormal status a service desk ticket shoul be generated for that.

if anyone can help.

Thanks

Tripti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Sharma,

this is standard functionality provided by Business Process Monitoirng for many years. Best thing you refer to the following two documents

1) Business Process Monitoring Setup Guide under https://service.sap.com/bpm --> Media Library --> Technical Information

It describes job monitoirng (and others in general step by step).

2) Best PRactice for Job monitoring with SAP Solution Manager under https://service.sap.com/bpm --> Media Library --> Best Practice documents

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

thanks for the reply.

the information was really helpful.

Thanks

Tripti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

you can set up the alerts according to the SAP manual 'Monitoring Jobs with the Alert Monitor' but u can not see the batch jobs in production system that u r trying to monitor. set up the table 'albtcmon' with the jobs u want to monitor and activate the 'CCMS_BATCH_MONITORING'. also create a new monitor to display the alerts using the rule-based monitor 'CCMS_DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS' and the 'CCMS_GET_MTE_BY_CLASS'.

thanks

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

thanks for the reply.

Why is it necessary to keep an entry in the table ALBTCMON?

can you please say the process step by step. it will be mpre helpful.

also can i define the batch job as the process step in BPM and monitor it?

what method can I use for it?

It seems like it can be done by generic monitoring in BPM. dont have nay idea on it. if you know anything about that lease tell me.

Thanks

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

one more thing wanted to ask you, the process you said about monitoring the batch jobs in RZ20 is fine but where the Service desk tickets generating for any cancelled status?

thanks

Tripti

0 Kudos

Hello,

the way of filling table ALBTCMON is a very easy way to do some kind of general job monitoring and just check for runtime and job cancellation. This is especially fine for basis IT or housekeeping jobs. I don't know about any standard interface to the SAP Soluiton Manager Service Desk.

Job monitoring with Business Process monitoring is a different level of sophistication. You can put jobs in the business context. Besides job cancellation and runtime you can check for start delays (business wise not technically as hsown in SM37) and end delays and you can check for specific job log entries.

You can centrally define auto-reachtion methods for email, SMS or Service Desk. Since ST400 SP12 you can also centrally document background jobs (web-enabled) in the SAP Solution Manager which also integrates with BPMon. That should bring customers away from their Excel-spreadsheet documentation which is most of the time incomplete.

Since ST400 SP15 you can also get a a standard job request form (also web-enabled) which integrates again with Service Desk and job documentation.

So a complete process form request over documentation to scheduling and monitoring is supported without media break and copy pasting.

Regards

'Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

That description was helpful to guide me which method i should follow.

Thanks

Tripti