cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload file to documentum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i want to build an application to upload files from desktop system to documentum,

any one has an idea ??

i have the logic using java but i want it with ABAP,,

another question is when trying to define attribute for getting the file in the system ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

To upload files you use the FileUpload UI element. Once the content is uploaded it is available as a binary string. At this point it is up to the application developer to decide what to do with the file content and that action really has nothing to do with Web Dynpro any longer. As to Documentum - I'm not sure how you would interface using ABAP. Do they have Web Services that you can call? This part of your question is really outside the scope of this forum.

FileUpload Online Help:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b3/be7941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b3/be7941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Thomas ,, it is not answered yet,,

but from my search i found some similar cases that have used the GOS classes ,,

i dont know if GOS Attachment Create class will be helpful ??

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well as I said, once you have the data out of the Upload, what you do with it next is really outside the scope of this forum. You might be able to use the GOS, just be careful. The GOS predates Web based interfaces and there are certainly some methods that assume they are running within the SAPGUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,,

no web service to call,,

simple requiremnt ,, a screen with a FileUpload element and then upload to the file by an action button !!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Ok, I'm not sure I understand your response. Is your question answered?