Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security migration error..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I got a error when iam doing the migration .Error result is "all users not include in the migration." Because of that migration is failed...

Now what i do...I have to delete the existing migration or for missing users (only missing users) can I re run the migration againu2026?(with out deleting the existing migration)

If i have to delete the migration work completely how can i delete .....

Thanks

B.K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You're receiving that error because you did not included all users.

Run the RSEC_MIGRATION program again and select all users, then select all objects and then select undo of migration.

This will do the undo of the program for all affected objects the program had run till now.

After that rerun the program RSEC_MIGRATION and select all users, then select all objects and then select the enhance of the existing profiles.

You should not get the error any more.

<removed_by_moderator>

Diogo.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 8, 2008 1:36 PM

9 REPLIES 9

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

by the looks of things you are migrating BW3.x authorizations to BI7.x using RSEC_MIGRATION, right?

do you know why you're not including all users? are you migrating per object or all objects at once?

I have no BI system available now, but I thought the migration will not fail (only warn you) when you don't have all users included.

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri

Yes we are upgrading from 3.1c to 7.0 ...

iam useing the rsec_,migration for migrating the security work..

System shows the message like.."More users are affected by the migration than should be migrated"with red traffic light..

0 Kudos

That's why you should be including all users in the program.

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You're receiving that error because you did not included all users.

Run the RSEC_MIGRATION program again and select all users, then select all objects and then select undo of migration.

This will do the undo of the program for all affected objects the program had run till now.

After that rerun the program RSEC_MIGRATION and select all users, then select all objects and then select the enhance of the existing profiles.

You should not get the error any more.

<removed_by_moderator>

Diogo.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 8, 2008 1:36 PM

0 Kudos

Hello Diogo.

Thank you for your quick response... I will try that one ... after then i will assign the points..

Thanks

Bharath

0 Kudos

Hi Diogo,

When iam doing the undo migration a run time error occured error short text is "Function parameter PTEXT is unknown."

Iam executing for all users(Iam enterd manually all users ,or i have to select the "ALL USERS" option in first step of migration.)

Some user id's are not included in any roles.. these user id's are may be system id's(mailadm , DPbasic , ads_agent , adsuser etc.,around 10 user id 's) .I have to select these id 's also at the time of migration.

Myanother question is i have to select all users when doing the undo migration.?

Thanks

Bharath

0 Kudos

Hello,

To do the undo of the migration you should follow the same steps you followed for executing the program the first time you had errors, i.e., if you ran the program with user 1 and user 2 and object xpto and zzzz until you got the error then you should do the undo for those same users and those same objects, that should do.

Also PTEXT search in SAP notes i believe there might be notes about that.

Also when doing the program once again you should choose All users from the button (instead of entering them one in one), this will choose all users from the system even those users you referred (mailadm , DPbasic , ads_agent , adsuser etc), because these users also have roles assigned to them and also will be needing the authorizations. If they don't have any roles assigned to them the program will not be choosing them with the option "ALL USERS"

Diogo.

0 Kudos

Hi

When iam try to undo the migration it says same error "More users are affected by the migration than should be migrated" Same thing i got at the time of migration.

What iam done i will explain..

1) for example i have 3 users .first time iam migrating iam consider only 2 users.migration i s failed due to this .

2) At the time of undo the migration iam consider 3 users .i got run time error.

3) i will try to do the undo migration with only 2 users i igot error ..Same error i got in first step(this is at the time of migration).

4) same third step.

What i do now ..how can i undo the migration .and the migration..?

Thanks

Bharath

0 Kudos

ok

maybe you don't need the undo because it failed in the first step

go to transaction se11 and check the content of the table rsecval

Diogo