cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Both sales and delivery requirements are taken in to account in the availability check in sales documents, however in delivery document ATP checks, only the delivery requirements are taken into account, so there is a danger that quantities reserved in the sales documents are considered to be available by the availability check in the deliveries, resulting in the deliveries being created and the material availability dates of the material in the sales documents being pushed out."

Can someone throw some light on the above statement, i am trying to understand the ATP, i understand the availability check control for sales document and for delivery, what could above mean, i am trying to understand, please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

we maintain indicator while doing configuration of availability check which takes into account all the conformed sales order quantity , reservation etc,

Hence while doing availability check it does not take those quantityt into account

Regards

Aditya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

availability check is a process to check the availability of material requested by customer on customer requested delivery date, it is a integrial part of business process.

whenever customer place an order system check the availability of requested material on specific date this is configure on material master general sale plant data and passes to material requirement planning (MRP)

Whereas ATP (Available to Prommise) is consider the inward movement (Purchase order, Planning order, Production order) and outward movement (sales order stock, reserve stock)

based on ATP system confirm the available quantity and remaining passes to RLT.

Availability check is the integral part of the business process which determines if the desired delivery qty can be met on the desired date.this includes scheduling for picking and packing time and the time taken to produce or obtain the material as well.

ATP(available to promise)=Warehouse stock+Incoming stock-outgoing stock.If this is checked can examine safety stock,stock in transfer,stock in quality inspection,and blocked stock.planned receipts & issue.It also considers made to order stocks and consignment stocks.

So it doesnt affect ur process.

Hope this will help.

thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

however in delivery document ATP checks, only the delivery requirements are taken into account, so there is a danger that quantities reserved in the sales documents are considered to be available by the availability check in the deliveries, resulting in the deliveries being created and the material availability dates of the material in the sales documents being pushed out."

Dear gurus,

the above is a tip from Mr glynn williams when it comes to avalibility check, and i am trying to understand it, please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

ATP can be configured differently for sales orders and deliveries.

Check you config for the delivery and the checking rules used