cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Dump during VA01

Former Member
0 Kudos

My user is getting an ABAP Dump when trying to create a sales order using transaction VA01.

The dump indicates that field XKOMV-KWERT is defined too small for the calculation it is attempting.

The dump in transaction ST22 in SAP PRD under user id showing error message BCD_FIELD_OVERFLOW.

please let me know what to do. should I apply any patch?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Please take help of ABAPer they will able to fix the issue

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

I just got a reply for m the user. Initialy he creates a contract in VA41 and when he copies the contact to VA01 (VA01, create with reference--enter contract number) it dumps with the error explained above. Also, this happens only with a perticular contract and not all. Pls help

alpesh_saparia3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems at sales order pricing there is some calculation happening which might be through some Formula/Routine which is exceeding field limit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

The Condition Base Value, seems to be exceeding the permitted length..you may check for any user exit coding in Include MV45AFZZ..

or, if the contract being referenced is in a diff currency then check the customizing for exchange rates?

Rgds,

Raghu.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu

First check for which material, sale order is being created. Then go to material master and see Accounting 1 view what stock value is flowing. For information, Stock will have a value that must not exceed 13 digits and if this exceeds, you will get the above error.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, Thanks for the reply. I checked all these but in vain. Any more thought on this please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

PLZ check the codition records that have been maintained.

U can do so by going to VK11

Check the unit. Try to set a bigger unot there and u should not get this dump.This is what I think the reason is by having a look at ure explanation.

PLZ revert in case it is not solved.

Cheerzz..

Subbz..