cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlink attributes !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to unlink attributes (more than 2000). Has anybody worked on this before ?

Is there anyway out using Import manager or any other work around?

Regards,

Amol.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I have some thing to share with respect to this.

Say you have 2000 attributes link to node ABC now you want to remove the linking. Just delete the node ABC from Data Manager itself in Taxonomy mode and recreate it your linking will be deleted.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol/Jitesh,

Deleting a single node would would unlink its attributes, but what if the node is already attached to couple of main table records. We wont be able to delete it then. Moreover, it would be a very crude approach.

Amol, you can try this option:

1. Create a dummy node in taxonomy table

2. Create a "Link" excel file with two columns: Node Name | Attr Name. I think you would be having this file where you have used this originaly to import the Links. You can replace all entries with that with the dummy node name

3. Try reimporting now using import manager

I guess all the links of all attributes would be remapped to the new dummy node.

Rgards,

Ketan

Do reward points if reply was helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

If the node is already attached with some records then obviously its attributes will contain some value and you cant unlink the attributes unless you remove the data present in the attributes so any how you have to remove the attribute values from the records if you want to unlink it.

Correct me if im wrong.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Thats correct Jitesh. So for Amol's issue, if he has used the Taxonomy and allocated node/characteristics already to main table records he wil not be able to unlink the attributes at all. In this case, you can take the backup of current taxionomy data allocated to main table and then guess you will have to reimport the entire taxonomy.

If you wrongly linked the data to attributes and still not used the taxonomy in main table, you can try the approach mentioned earlier.

But I guess the "Replace" opttion is not enabled incase of Attribute link import.

Rgds,

Ketan