cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS14000088 - Approver receives the item but cannot approve --Urgent!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are working on SRM 5.5 using Extended Classic Scenario. We have activated One-step approval workflow for contracts linked to SAVE event.

The approver is found correctly and receives the workitem. However, although he clicks approve in details the workitem is not approved and the item remains in the inbox.

Does anyone have an idea about what is missing? We have been troubled for days now.

Thank you very much,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you classify the task 14007969 as general Task??

When you click on the approve button,what happenns??

Which SRM version are you working on??

Also for the workflow WS14000088,are you getting any sytax errors in SWDD transaction??

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thank you for the reply.

Task 14007969 had been defined as a general task.

When we click on the approve button (in the details), we receive message "Release of contract 56.......... approved". However, the workitem remains in the inbox and status is still waiting in approval.

We are using SRM 5.0 (Server 5.5 - SAPKIBKT06) in Extended Classic Mode.

When I check for syntax errors, only 3 information messages received.

--The container element ApprovalAgents is written, but not read or exported

--The container element ExcludedAgents is written, but not read or exported

--Container element Agent is for read purposes only. No values are assigned

When I look at transaction SWI1 and select the workitem and look at the graph it seems that the workflow is stuck in First approval, however workflow finds the correct approver and the workitem is transferred into his inbox but cannot complete approval.

Thank you,

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do 2 things:

1. Check the WF log deeper, you should see a detailed message and that will give you an idea

2. Check whether the approver has enough roles?

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The workitem should automtically be deleted from the inbox.

Also see this note:

Note 1046703 - Inbox cannot be refreshed

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestions.

1 -- Unfortunately when i try to analyze the log i dont see any error messages or other messages than I have written above.

2 -- The Approver has the role SAP_BBP_STAL_PURCHASE_MANAGER but also 2 other roles for other tests and purposes ( SAP_BBP_STAL_OPERAT_PURCHASER and SAP_BBP_STAL_ADMINISTRATOR). Other than the roles in SU01 Personalization tab he has as a value for BBP_WFL_SECURITY : High. Plus he is positioned as a manager within the org structure.

The workflow finds the correct approver but cannot approve the item (though there is a message that the item is approved)

Tell me if you have other suggestions for the above case.

Thanks again,