cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data to Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether is it normal that when copy data to the Excel, all the columns jumbled up? Is there any way to prevent this to happen?

Regards,

Lingz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Wong Liling ;

it is possible when you have BI server in same VC server. i have tryed that senerio

But we have only VC server With R/3 . you will get clear idea with above link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/47fe4fef-0d01-0010-6f87-ed8ecb47...

i think it will be helpfull to you .....

Regards

Vivekananthan.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing the one which copies data to clipboard then to the Excel, not the one with BI things. And once i copy the things to the Excel, the data all jumbled up. Not in the sequence shown in the table in the iView.

Regards,

Lingz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creat a OSS meagge for this issue.

But they will tell you to upgardes you version because in latset SPs its got resolved

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

not it should not happen like that.

On what SP you are working and what Compiler

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SP 12 and Compiler is 700.12.0.1. By the way, i am doing the one which copies data to clipboard then to Excel. What i used will affect the way it present on the Excel...?

Regards,

Lingz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Ur SP12 has so many bugs ,just upgarde to SP15 it has so many fixes and aslo for your problem.

I am on SP15 Flex2 Compiler

Regards,

govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

I am currently on VC's SP16. I only upgraded the VC components and not the rest of the EP (which remains at SP12).

My export function (using clipboard, no BI), still does not work even though I am using Flex2..

After pasting into Excel, the columns orders are still jumbled up, not the same order as what is shown on the VC table.

Secondly, the date fields all changed to long format (eg "Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 GMT+0800 2008", instead of just "01.01.2008")

The header of the exported columns are the technical "Field Name" of the column, instead of its Label.

Lastly some of the hidden columns inside the VC table, mysteriously appear in the pasted excel worksheet.

With so many issues, some that did not occur in SP12, what did I do wrong?

FYI, my Excel is version 2007.

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The Export to Excel function will be available in the Enhacement Package 1 (EhP1) for NW VC 7.0, there you will get the final solution for your issue.

Details:

Best Regards,

Luis