SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISU and CRM Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on ISU on ECC 6.0 and CRM 2007. I wanted to know what are the mandatory objects to be replicated from ISU to CRM. We do not have Installed base management in CRM as of now since we are using Plant Maintenance on ECC side.

Can any one please guide me on what technical and business master data should be synchronized between ISU and CRM ?

Thanks,

MV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The minimum objects to be replicated are business partner and contract account (because are sort one object in CRM)

In some cases (usually deregulated market), it's also useful to replicate technical master data. However, this is much more complex because you don't always have clear counterparts in CRM.

I'd recommend to replicate the least amount of objects needed to fulfill any requirements, instead of replicating the whole lot by default.

Replication is known to be a difficult and error prone process.

HTH!

Kevin

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The minimum objects to be replicated are business partner and contract account (because are sort one object in CRM)

In some cases (usually deregulated market), it's also useful to replicate technical master data. However, this is much more complex because you don't always have clear counterparts in CRM.

I'd recommend to replicate the least amount of objects needed to fulfill any requirements, instead of replicating the whole lot by default.

Replication is known to be a difficult and error prone process.

HTH!

Kevin

0 Kudos

Agreed with Kevin. BP & CA are must....others....depends on your project requirement(s).

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for your reply. We are in a regulated scenario. So, that might reduce some of the complications.

Can you please point me to some relevant documentation ?

Best Regards,

MV

0 Kudos

I haven't any replication set-up myself, so I don't have any personal docs to share.

I do know there's a cookbook on replication available on the service marketplace. I'm sure searching on replication will pop it it!

Good luck,

Kevin

0 Kudos

Hi MV,

You also need to replicate Connection objects, Premise.

Installation & POD are needed if you have IBase management in CRM.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

I have a small doubt I have replicated the Connection objects , Premise , Installation and the POD, I have also replicated  the equipments which when I check in products I am ablt to see all of those,

My query is related to CRM IC webclient when ever I confirm an BP i am not able to see the premise details .

I do get the Business agreement number againstg the BP , however when I check the Overview tab in webclient i can see a tree structure that starts with connection object under that I have my premise under that I have my POD ( its a 16 digit number not sure from where is it coming ), But i am not able to see the device serial number or any device related information here.

Am i missing some thing in my configuration.

Regards,

AB

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hello MV,

all cookbooks regarding the integration between IS-U and CRM can be found here:

http://service.sap.com/utilities

Then go to:

SAP for Utilities - Product Information >> SAP CRM for Utilities  >> Cookbooks & Guidelines

Best regards,

Michael.

0 Kudos