cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diffrence between xml schema file and xsd

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

Can i known why we have the option XML Schema And XML File option availiable when harmonizing the data using MDM syndicator.

What is the differnce between them when the output is the same.........

can i create my manual Structure using SAP MDM or Enhance the Existing one?????????

Points will awarded ...................................

Kindly help me out...............................................

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

Can i known why we have the option XML Schema And XML File option availiable when harmonizing the data using MDM syndicator.

What is the differnce between them when the output is the same.........

can i create my manual Structure using SAP MDM or Enhance the Existing one?????????

First of all you shoudl know the method of generating the XSD:

1. Export the repository structure from the Console.

2. Using Java and Xomlite software, you can create an XSD for your repository. Here is the link for how to guide for generating the XSD.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bf0e8a97-0d01-0010-f0a2-af3b18b7f4eb]

After this you will have an XSD which will have the repository structure. You do this, to have a destination structure in the Syndicator. This is generally done when you are generating an XMl File from the Syndicator.

There are 2 options of selecting the Structure while harmonizing the file in the syndicator

1. XML Schema - For using this, you will have to upload the XSD generated in the Console under-> XML schemas for your repository.

After this, you can choose this option from the syndicator and then you will get the structure on the Destination side. You can then harmonize the file out of the syndicator.

2. XML Schema File - For this, you do not have to upload the XSD that you have generated using Xomlite in the Console. You can directly take it as a file from your Desktop/ Harddisk.

This will also help you to harmonize the file.

I hope this information helps you.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

To use XML files, we must create a corresponding xsd schema. The xsd schema file is required so that we can reference the structure of the XML file in the syndication.

If you have .xsd file already available on you hard disk, then you can directly take it by choosing the option XML Schema file.

But if you choose XML Schema, the schema is saved on to the server and anyone can access it.

MDM still has no option for creating an xsd schema file directly from the repository or from the data selected.

You can customize your schema using any XML editor like Altova etc.

Regards

Richa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

The basic difference between these two is that in MDM terminology, an .xsd file that has been saved to a

repository through the MDM Console is called an XML Schema. An .xsd file located on an external file system is called an XML Schema File.

I hope I am able to clear your doubt

Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

In MDM terminology, an .xsd file that has been saved to a repository through the MDM Console is called an XML Schema. An .xsd file located on an external file system is called an XML Schema File.

Also if you are creating a xml schema in that case the schema is saved on to the server and can be accessed by any of the client machine i.e there would not be any dependency in case of XML schema

whereas

In case of XML Schema file it can be accessed through only one client or we can say that it would be dedicated to a single client machine or machine dependent.

We cannot create a manual structure or Enhance the Existing one using SAP MDM. There are other softwares for this process like ALTOVA etc.

Hope this would be helpful!!!!!!!!!

If helpful do reward points!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XML schema and XMl schema file are same structures. Diff. is that, you can create a schema in your repo (in console -> Repository -> Admin -> XML Schemas.) You have an XML schema file initially. In console you give name to schema and give path to this file on your system. This schema will now be available to everyone using the repo. But the file will be available to you only as it is on your desktop.

You can customize your schen=ma using any XML editor like Altova, Oxygen, Liquid etc.

Regards,

Dheeraj.