cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build a patch for Mobile Application on platform 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to build a patch / addon for my 7.1 mobile application. Is there any documenation available for this, on how to do this?

In 2004(s) you can create a zip file with a install.xml file.. and convert it with the archive converter. Is there something similiar on the 7.1 platform?

Thanks!

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chris

The way you create a patch is 7.0 (2004s) is also applicable in Mobile 7.1 (creating an install.xml file, create an sda....). But the tool Mobile Archive Converter is not available in 7.1 but instead you will have to use transaction SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE as described below:

1. Start the transaction SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE.

2. Click on the button "Switch Screen to Upload Non SDAs".

3. Select the radio button "Patch".

4. Enter the Name, version and fill in all other details.

Once completed, click on Upload button which will upload the patch to the server and this can now be assigned to the client.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivakumar V,

I just created a patch (zip-file) for my mobile application. Uploaded the file with trx: SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE as Addon. But now in my SDOE Administrator the Mobile Component has the status MCD Not Assignable, how can change this status?

Thank you in advance.

Chris Bogers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the following documentation which explains how to get rid of this error

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/56/298d63296e42cc8975c92af2aec796/frameset.htm

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The patch option is present from Ehancement Package 1.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have already running an application in a production scenario without creating a Software Package. I need to download a fixed bug to all devices.

Our version has not installed Ehancement Package 1 so to upload my .zip, I only have the "ADDON" way. Then in DOE, I cant change the status. HOw can resolve this? I remenber that I didn`t create a software package.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Maria, Hi Chris,

In order to upload an application patch, you need to create a "sda" file on your own. You need to to include all the files which needs to be patched(in the client) into this sda file. Once you have created a sda file, you can then upload it into DOE using the sdoe_upload_archive tool directly(not switching to "upload other archive" screen).

The following link gives you a step-by-step instruction for creating a sda file for an application patch.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/13/4b9f26cc9c488aac14b5e104929298/frameset.htm

If you create and upload the sda files in this format, then you will then be able to change its status in the Mobile Component administration page.

Thanks, Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivakumar V,

Do you have a answer for me?

Thanks.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I just got to know that MCD of type "Patch" is a newly developed feature and is not released to customer yet. Therefore you wont be able to see it. May be you will have to use Addon only and the reason for status to be greyed out may be something else. I will try to find out and let you know the solution as and when i get it.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivakumar V,

When I start transaction SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE and click on the button Switch Screen to Upload Non SDAs. Then I see three application types DB, JVM and Addon, so which I have to choose? In my opinion Addon right?

Thanks!

Chris Bogers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivakumar V,

The Change State option is greyed out at Mobile Component Type ADDON, so can we change this somewhere else?

Thanks!

Chris Bogers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chris,

Opps!!! While uploading the zip file in the transaction, you will have to use type "Patch" and not "Addon"

Best Regards

Sivakumar